your favorit truck and why

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlfan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'd just like to know what are some of your favorite trucks and why? for me a Mack CL733 with 14,600 front axles and 44k rears a Cummins ISX 565hp eng and Mack 18 speed tranny pulling a 35ft dump trailer B/c my uncle had one before he went to driving long haul but I tell there was no load that baby couldn't pull

Favorite truck? I've got ONE and only one favorite, the M35A2C series trucks. big ugly, and able to go dang near anywhere.

pbtree OK, but on a smaller scale I have always loved my Chevy pick ups... Diesel rocks

YEAH PBTREE the bowtie is awesome but for p/u's for me it's always been the Ram 2500's w/ Cummins engines and 6 speed manuals forget automatics in a diesel thats for guys who don't know how to "read" rpm's!

stihlfan said:
YEAH PBTREE the bowtie is awesome but for p/u's for me it's always been the Ram 2500's w/ Cummins engines and 6 speed manuals forget automatics in a diesel thats for guys who don't know how to "read" rpm's!

Amen, brother!

However, I do like auto's for pulling logs out of piles and lots of finess pulling. Situations where you have to apply force but not necessarily move. Manual will do that just fine for a bit, but repeated use isn't healthy for them. With an auto, you don't have to ride the clutch and risk burning it up miles from civilization.

my favorite truck will always be my old Fords 77 Bronco 4x4 with a 302 3 speed on the tree and my 78 Ford F350 4X4 466 Auto Flatbed dump Passed Everything but a Gas Station thing got like 5 MPG

I liked my 1985 toyota pickup (similar to the back to the future one). Paid $500 for it, put about $500 into in 7 years. Sold it for $800. 231K miles and still going... now under new ownership with a friend of mine. I hope to buy it back in 3-5 years for $250.

Has anyone seen that show on the Discovery Channel, I think it's called Top Gear or somehthing like that. It's a couple of Brits who test drive exotic sports cars and review them. Anyway, I saw one the other night where they took a mid 80's Toyota 4x4 with a diesel and ran it up to it's cab in the ocean, hit it with a huge wrecking ball, a bunch of other crazy ????, and even set it on top of a skyscraper that was being imploded, and it rode the thing all the way down and landed inverted. They grabbed the thing with an excavator and set it back upright, and after tweaking it a bit, not changing any parts, it still started and drove. I was pretty impressed. Of course, the frame was busted in two and the body was the only thing holding it together, and it was beaten almost beyond recognition. :cool:

Spacemule, yeah that's a cool how...real popular over here. They do a bunch of other stuff to that truck as well. You watching a series from 18months ago i think !

spacemule said:
. Anyway, I saw one the other night where they took a mid 80's Toyota 4x4 with a diesel and ran it up to it's cab in the ocean, hit it with a huge wrecking ball, a bunch of other crazy ????,

Mt roommate many years ago in Ottawa had an 85 Toyota Diesel that had over 500000 miles on it last time I heard. The engine was indestructable, but the body on those were pretty suseptible to rust out up here, particularily in the box area on the seams.

My favourite ride...anything that works and is paid for, right now a 99 Mazda B4000 4X4, a Ford Ranger clone. I really have no use for anything larger.

to Quote Mitch My favourite ride...anything that works and is paid for, right now a 99 Mazda B4000 4X4, a Ford Ranger clone. I really have no use for anything larger.

Thats my daily driver
a 99 Mazda B3000 4X4 71k on her
Shes been through a lot but wouldn't trade it in for nothing

IM000119.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LocalHerosSupply/IM000118.jpg

Yes its the 4 door cab in Amazon Green

it is a Auto Trans

the only non stock addition i did to it was add a Add-A-Leaf Kit to the rear leaf springs and cranked the front torsion bar to give me a little more ground clearence

Latest posts

Back