Your Favorite Looking Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
Reaction score
I am not talking about power, price, cutting ability, etc I am talking about looks. My favorite looking saw has to be a Poulan 245. My buddy sold me one a few years ago. I hesitated buying it because I thought it looked stupid. After I got it home I looked it over for a second and thought, "wait a second, that does look sharp". Then I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre sometime later that year and went, Whoa! I have that saw! Then after that it grew on me. I just wish I could find more of them :msp_sad:. My second favorite one has to be a Homelite Super XL or XL-12. Heres my 245a. View attachment 297487

I think my new 562XP is the sweetest looking saw I've ever seen. :msp_thumbup:

Super XL is my all time favorite. Of the currently produced saws probably the Dolmar 510. I like this thread. I can't use an ugly tool no matter how well it works, whether its a chainsaw, weedeater, truck, wrench, gun, or tractor. 'Specially not an ugly tractor!!

Last edited:
Super XL is my all time favorite. Of the currently produced saws probably the Dolmar 510. I like this thread. I can't use an ugly tool no matter how well it works, whether its a chainsaw, weedeater, truck, wrench, gun, or tractor. 'Specially not an ugly tractor!!

But the thing is, usually the ugliest things work the best....except for ugly women :hmm3grin2orange:

remmington bantam

end of disscussion:hmm3grin2orange:

I like the look of my Super 754. Almost the same as the Bantam but it has that metal piece that connects the handle to the bottom of the saw. The reason I don't like the looks of the Bantam is because it don't have that piece. Drives me nuts!

Any of the later 6 cube Homelites... Nice clean lines, and a fat butt haha.

I just took this picture the other day. i really like the looks of these 3. I like the old school look of the Mac and 090. i Think the 660 stihls are pretty sharp aswell.

I love my Macs but I think the coolest looking saw is the Homelite 150. It looks like something George Jetson would have.

I love my Macs but I think the coolest looking saw is the Homelite 150. It looks like something George Jetson would have.

I hear ya there. I had probably 10 at one point and sold every one of em. Then the otherday I picked up one for 5 bucks at a garage sale. I took a good look at it and wondered how i sold my other 10 haha

I had a 510 and thought much the same, probably why I'm partial to my 5105 still. Great curves.

Something about the older Dollies, like the PS-6800i though just has that classic chainsaw look to it. Hard to beat those IMHO.

I think mine might be the PM canadein 270. Either that or the mall 2mg.

Back