Your Favorite Looking Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChainLightning

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
I am not talking about power, price, cutting ability, etc I am talking about looks. My favorite looking saw has to be a Poulan 245. My buddy sold me one a few years ago. I hesitated buying it because I thought it looked stupid. After I got it home I looked it over for a second and thought, "wait a second, that does look sharp". Then I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre sometime later that year and went, Whoa! I have that saw! Then after that it grew on me. I just wish I could find more of them :msp_sad:. My second favorite one has to be a Homelite Super XL or XL-12. Heres my 245a. View attachment 297487

FergusonTO35

FergusonTO35

ArboristSite Operative
Super XL is my all time favorite. Of the currently produced saws probably the Dolmar 510. I like this thread. I can't use an ugly tool no matter how well it works, whether its a chainsaw, weedeater, truck, wrench, gun, or tractor. 'Specially not an ugly tractor!!

Last edited:
ChainLightning

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
Super XL is my all time favorite. Of the currently produced saws probably the Dolmar 510. I like this thread. I can't use an ugly tool no matter how well it works, whether its a chainsaw, weedeater, truck, wrench, gun, or tractor. 'Specially not an ugly tractor!!

But the thing is, usually the ugliest things work the best....except for ugly women :hmm3grin2orange:

ChainLightning

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
I love my Macs but I think the coolest looking saw is the Homelite 150. It looks like something George Jetson would have.

I hear ya there. I had probably 10 at one point and sold every one of em. Then the otherday I picked up one for 5 bucks at a garage sale. I took a good look at it and wondered how i sold my other 10 haha

tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite

I had a 510 and thought much the same, probably why I'm partial to my 5105 still. Great curves.

Something about the older Dollies, like the PS-6800i though just has that classic chainsaw look to it. Hard to beat those IMHO.

Latest posts