your next chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Lee,

I was always interested to see what you had in mind for your next saw. You have some really nice saws in your collection so it is always a surprise to see what you are hunting down next. It is interesting that you mention the big old Homelite saws as well...

Will have to see what you come up with next - probably another Sachs Dolmar 166!

Regards,

Chris.

Well Chris, My list of big saws is narrowing down.
As for 166's, I think 12 is enough for now unless
you think i need a bakers dozen. :cheers:

Lee

Seems a lot of people are going big or bigger. I'm going the other way. Pretty sure my next saw will be a Strato ms260 (ms261?) I'm hold'n out and wait'n for it.:greenchainsaw:

Dolmar 7900

Sachs Dolmar 166

Huskey 372 XPW

Mac SP 125

Last edited:
I did just pick up another 3120 and a nice AH81 powered saw with a nice remington roller bar. So I guess those are technically the NEXT saws.

I did just pick up another 3120 and a nice AH81 powered saw with a nice remington roller bar. So I guess those are technically the NEXT saws.

for work saws I'm probably gonna pick up a 6401 or an 044. Anything could happen with the play saws though. I would like to get a 1130g homie or even a 1050 automatic... My thumb gets tired

for work saws I'm probably gonna pick up a 6401 or an 044. Anything could happen with the play saws though. I would like to get a 1130g homie or even a 1050 automatic... My thumb gets tired

Good choices. You're right those large homelite manual oilers on those series saws are in kind of an awkward spot. The most comfortable manual oiler only saws I have used are my homelite 990G and my Echo 100.

I'd like a 372xp or an MS440 or 660, but I can't afford either.

So I'd settle for 455 or MS260

Baby steps...or bigfoot steps considering what I'd be moving up from.

The PP295 gives me no reason to get a new one yet...it hasn't died yet with 10 years of use on it.

Well I currently have an old 020super-14'', 200T-12'', 260Pro-16'', 441-20'' & an HT131 pole saw-12''. I've recently been drueling over an MS660 that my best friend bought new about a year ago just to have to look at. He does'nt even have a stove to burn wood in. The saw has'nt had 3 tanks of fuel burned through it yet. The wife says if I sell my 400EX 4-wheeler then I can buy the saw. So if anyone's interested in a CLEAN Honda 400EX e-mail me ([email protected]) have extras to go with it. Thanks.:greenchainsaw:

Next "planned" saw purchase will be a new top handle to replace my old Echo CS-280E. I'm no pro tree trimmer, and use for it will be mainly trimming field edge branches while in a tractor bucket each spring.

A good used 200T will fit my budget if I can find one I like, otherwise it will likely come down to a Dolmar 3410TH or J-red 2139T, but haven't dug too deep into it yet, gonna probably be a tax return purchase.

Id like to get a nice 372xpg. Not sure on the heated handle thing though. Heard they can be a pain. I guess if I had to Id take a 372xp.

:chainsaw:A 090G Side gear cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chainsaw:

So I can finish a saw!

Or a 041 Av Super to fix up!

Back