Stihl Case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinceGU05

PSA vitim.
Reaction score
i wanted the hard case for my saw but was told the 441C-M and bigger saws dont fit.
we tried it in the store and it came close.
so with a dremel and a coarse burr i made it fit.

ta daaa!

Very nice! Do you think you could get the case to fit an MS 441 R C-M?

Very nice! Do you think you could get the case to fit an MS 441 R C-M?

i could make it fit.. BUT the handle in the chain side would be hanging out the case and would loose a few inches off the hinge. not the best result.
as u can see, shes a snug fit chain side.

interesting!
the case is a Woodsman Chain Saw Case 0000 900 4008 if that helps or makes a difference.

Same case IIRC BUT my chain brake handle is not as tall as the OP's for sure. Also the German Stihl site says the newer 441's will not fit . Also that the limit is 45cms or 18" while mine has a 50cm or 20" bar and chain and it fits no problem on both saws.

Same case IIRC BUT my chain brake handle is not as tall as the OP's for sure. Also the German Stihl site says the newer 441's will not fit . Also that the limit is 45cms or 18" while mine has a 50cm or 20" bar and chain and it fits no problem on both saws.

lol weird. i have a 20" bar too. that part of it fits just fine. mainly the brake is in the way.

aussie catalog says only up to 18" thus not for any MSE larger than 45cm, MS441,MS461,MS660 AND MS880.

They sorta got it right.:msp_biggrin:

lol weird. i have a 20" bar too. that part of it fits just fine. mainly the brake is in the way.

aussie catalog says only up to 18" thus not for any MSE larger than 45cm, MS441,MS461,MS660 AND MS880.

They sorta got it right.:msp_biggrin:

I was showing the catalogue to my dealer and he almost shat that there were prices listed.. does the Aussie one have the prices as well?

I was showing the catalogue to my dealer and he almost shat that there were prices listed.. does the Aussie one have the prices as well?

yup.:msp_scared: we are 30 bucks dearer. $79 here. funny my saw is on par with europe prices but i am sure in the US $500 cheaper.

Maybe they think that most big saws are pro-owned and travel in trailers. They don't sell alotta big saws, compared to small saws. So big-saw accessories probably don't move quick enough to justify making them.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't know.

Are the US Pro Saws German or US made?

All the "land owner" and "pro" saws in Australia are made in Germany.

Case looks the goods Mr Vince ;)

But I think Sunday is looking bad weather wise. :(

Cheers

Justin

Most people that own saws don't worry if they get scratched or dirty. This applies X's 100 for those who use their saws as a tool. Unless you have to transport a saw in a car, and need to keep the car clean, I see no need for a saw case. BTW, the Husky Powerbox is larger than the Stihl box. It can also be fitted with a scabbard that will accept up to a 24" bar. For me, I just keep a scabbard on the bars to protect the cutters and set them in the back of the truck.

Last edited:
Me too Neal. I use the ole fire hose trick I learned on here years ago. Free from volunteer buddies and it stands up to everything.

Most people that own saws don't worry if they get scratched or dirty. This applies X's 100 for those who use their saws as a tool. Unless you have to transport a saw in a car, and need to keep the car clean, I see no need for a saw case. BTW, the Husky Powerbox is larger than the Stihl box. It can also be fitted with a scabbard that will accept up to a 24" bar. For me, I just keep a scabbard on the bars to protect the cutters and set them in the back of the truck.

Yeah fair point. But I ain't a pro and don't have a ute/truck and plan to keep it for many years so horses for courses I guess.

I had to really modify the Stihl case to get the 441C to fit, even more so when i put the dual dawgs on it.

Had to cut the inside top of the case out to the handle mount, some around the clutch, and some around the bar slot.

The hard bar cover still works on it with a 20" bar, but slides off easily as the case isn't as strong there as it was.

But it fits. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I think the case is a good idea, its not about being precious but if the saw is not being used for extended periods I thinks its better than just being left in the shed to collect dust. Keeps the grinding, painting, cleaning etc in the shed off the saw as well.

Can't tell you how many times I have had paper wasps build their nests in the exhaust of my Honda generator and brush cutter.

Also good for transporting inside the car as it reduces the amount of smell.

Cheers

Justin

Maybe they think that most big saws are pro-owned and travel in trailers. They don't sell alotta big saws, compared to small saws. So big-saw accessories probably don't move quick enough to justify making them.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't know.

I think you might be right. While at a Stihl dealership in Germany we got to talking about saws and when I mentioned the MS440 they began to ask how big were the trees I was cutting! MS211 is a uber popular saw in many areas. Can not tell you how many 021,023's I saw getting tuned up. ( June to August there is a wood cutting ban in this region ) so they bring in the saws for a clean and tune up!

Smaller saws seem to be the norm, they cut a lot of cedar 10 inches across and smaller so the smaller saws work great.

Back