I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you're not looking at it in a wrong way, you see, it's a Stihl, it's so powerful the chain it's dragging needs no rakers!
Just keep'em comin !

SA

No, you're not looking at it in a wrong way, you see, it's a Stihl, it's so powerful the chain it's dragging needs no rakers!
Just keep'em comin !

SA

Hello Spiral,
I did not realize there were trees in the south of Israel! There must be if you have saws.
Igpoe:cheers:

I was at his place 2 weeks ago to buy a new piston for my 660. I told him I was going to split the case too. He asked me if I'd done it before. When I told him I hadn't he tells me about a guy came by to pick up an 034 case and they ended up splitting the case and working on it together in his shop!! Sound familiar? He offered the same to me. I'm going back next week. The risk of me screwing up the saw seemed to bother him. Seems like a great guy. I'm looking forward to picking his brain. Did he show you the 084 cylinder that he carved up for a race saw?

Yup. Showed me the 066 "stock appearing" race saw he's got for sale too.
Working on it together?? I was all eyes and ears, not too much hands on. He did the work! saw runs great. Told me how much and where to port it, (and the same for my 064). Wants me to bring back the 64 when we're done cutting, got a smoke problem on startup, he agrees with my guess that it's a gasket leak (small though) from the chain oil case to the crankcase. I'll be back to see him!

Hello Spiral,
I did not realize there were trees in the south of Israel! There must be if you have saws.
Igpoe:cheers:

No , no trees, I've cut them all, it used to be the Negev Rain forest, now it's the Negev Desert.
And all that with a little italian saw, how bout that? :givebeer:

Actually I cut most of my firewood about an hour drive from home.
Good grief it's 3am here!

g'nite!

SA

No , no trees, I've cut them all, it used to be the Negev Rain forest, now it's the Negev Desert.
And all that with a little italian saw, how bout that? :givebeer:

Actually I cut most of my firewood about an hour drive from home.
Good grief it's 3am here!

g'nite!

SA

You the man!
Stop making deserts!!!!!!
LOL:cheers:

I think you could take a Stihl chainsaw and run over it with a bulldozer and it would still get lots of bids on ebay. They're crazy about Stihl chainsaws!

There is no doubt about that. There are good buys on Stihls every once in a while on Ebay, but they are far and few between. I bought a 028WB on ebay, in pretty decent shape for 150 bones, shipped. The rest that I have purchased on ebay have been Homelites, Huskys, and a couple of Orlines.

Back