562xp a few questions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logger 12345

husqvarna pilot
Reaction score
ok as some of you may know me from around here,i use two saws at the moment for my work a husqvarna 365sp and
a 440xtorq,so yes i'm a husky fan.

anyway,i really LIKE the look of the new 562xp,but just a few questions,what would this saw compare with,an older 372? in terms of power i mean,cause the new xtorq engines are incredible powerful,my 440 i am seriously impressed with it..

this saw just looks THE NUTS!!!!

please feel free to chime in anybody with any info on this saw,have you got one,used one,can you specify some of the features and some tech info maybe???

also build date etc.....

many thanks

dan ;)

ok as some of you may know me from around here,i use two saws at the moment for my work a husqvarna 365sp and
a 440xtorq,so yes i'm a husky fan.

anyway,i really LIKE the look of the new 562xp,but just a few questions,what would this saw compare with,an older 372? in terms of power i mean,cause the new xtorq engines are incredible powerful,my 440 i am seriously impressed with it..

this saw just looks THE NUTS!!!!

please feel free to chime in anybody with any info on this saw,have you got one,used one,can you specify some of the features and some tech info maybe???

also build date etc.....

many thanks

dan ;)

The Husky 262xp would be the closest comparison for sure - but the 560xp is better than both.

That aside, I believe the 562/560 has a better potential for mods than the 262, as it is a four port design!

At least that is what my brother concluded, when we just talked on the phone about the 372xp vs. the 440 (and more) - he feels that he needs a 70cc saw, and didn't want a "strato" one. He has ported a lot of 2-cycles, but mostly string trimmers and cleaning saws.....

Last edited:
rep just gone your way!

ok to tell you the truth,i'm taken aback with this saw,the features (from what i have seen online) look VERY impressive,
20% more fuel efficent,70% less emmisions is some achievment on a chainsaw,so the husky website says anyway unless i was mistaken.less vibrations,these are valuable upgrades for the busy saw user

i am thinking later this year to trade up to one of these from my 365sp,i don't know may just keep the 365too it's a good
saw,i really like that 365 of mine,mmm (says this as he starts to feel a touch of CAD) :laugh:

seriously though would it be a good thing to change from my 365sp to this saw? or a bad thing....
i suppose it may even be more powerfull than mine??

and another thing,what is the differnce in the 560xp and 562xp?

cheers!

Last edited:
rep just gone your way!

ok to tell you the truth,i'm taken aback with this saw,the features (from what i have seen online) look VERY impressive,
20% more fuel efficent,70% less emmisions is some achievment on a chainsaw,so the husky website says anyway unless i was mistaken.

i am thinking later this year to trade up to one of these from my 365sp,i don't know may just keep the 365too it's a good
saw,i really like that 365 of mine,mmm (says this as he starts to feel a touch of CAD) :laugh:

seriously though would it be a good thing to change from my 365sp to this saw? or a bad thing....
i suppose it may even be more powerfull than mine??

and another thing,what is the differnce in the 560xp and 562?

cheers!

According to TK it would be a good move, and it is quite obvious, as even stock the 562xp has more power, and it is lighter. It has an outboard clutch, that makes the saw handle much better in the woods, and is a superior design overall. :msp_smile:

Unless you are ready to bring in a 560 from the UK I wouldn't get excited about an upgrade as Liffey Distrbutors have no date for bringing them in yet at least the last time I asked, last week ! As far as I know the only 560 in the State is a pal of mine who won it coming first in the pole climbing last year. It was a nice saw, good feel good starter and very quick to run up was my first thoughts when I gave it a quick go.

what is the differnce between the 562xp and the 560xp i presume they are the same saw?
i can't imagine much differnce in 2cc :D but it is always more differnces,usually means the bigger one has more features and the
560 is the basic version,would this be correct?

what is the differnce between the 562xp and the 560xp i presume they are the same saw?
i can't imagine much differnce in 2cc :D but it is always more differnces,usually means the bigger one has more features and the

I believe the 560 takes a small mount bar, and the 562 takes a large mount.

I have only tried out TK's pre-recall 562, but in my opinion it was extremely close in power to my 372xp (non-strato). Not sure what the post-recall 562s feel like, but I think in most instances, the power difference is negligable....... and the 562 feels a whole lot more nimble.

The 560xp is exactly the same as the 562xp (both are 59.8cc, and the engine is exactly the same), but with the small bar mount, a smaller clutch cover, and a lower air filter/top cover. Less weight of course.

As stated above, the saw just feels great to handle. Much slimmer then my 262. with a lower center of gravity.
With that said its to early for me comment on the power as I've only run one tank through it thus far. I'm not sure on the proper break-in procedure. the manuel says something about running it in some wood for 3-4 minutes at full throttle to set the auto tune.
In comparison to my 262, it's pretty close but not quite as strong. Im sure it will pull away once i figure out the proper break-in procedure. And get some mix run through it.

Btw, everyone present (was quite a few) when my 560xpg was first started at the dealer (except me), right out of the box, was astonished about the throttle responce, and high initial revs......:D

The Husky 262xp would be the closest comparison for sure - but the 560xp is better

I'd have to agree. The large bar mount kinda bugs me. It wasn't a deal breaker by any means. But for my use I would have preffered the small mount bar.

Fueling it up for the first time I was skeptical. But once the carb was set and I started cutting rounds, I was surprised. It deffinatly held its own. Just waiting on its 18" bar to come in. Then I'll see what it can do against the 262.

I'd have to agree. The large bar mount kinda bugs me. It wasn't a deal breaker by any means. But for my use I would have preffered the small mount bar.

Fueling it up for the first time I was skeptical. But once the carb was set and I started cutting rounds, I was surprised. It deffinatly held its own. Just waiting on its 18" bar to come in. Then I'll see what it can do against the 262.

I keep hearing people say they would prefer the small mount which is the total opposite of my thinking. I have been mulling over buying a 60cc saw for a year or so now and the only thing that stopped me from buying a 357 was the small bar mount. I like the fact that all my bars fit all my saws:cheers:

The north east corner of lake superior. All boreal forest here.

Edit: not that far north in respects to Canada, but pretty far north compared to the populated areas. if that makes sense

Last edited:
The 562 would use the same bar that would work on your 365 and would be somewhat lighter and faster with a little more power/the specs.

Edit: I'm stupid hahaha

Last edited:
I have had my 562 for one week and I am much impressed with the saw.

It will most likley out cut a stock 365, but I would not expect the 562 to out cut a 372, but the difference would probably not be much.

The saw has the best anti vibe of any saw that I have run. It cuts well and handles well, and it fits well in my saw lineup.

At this point I am well pleased with mine.

Back