Ms660 i built please give me your comments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELECT6845

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here is a 660 i built for fun. Im posting this because i think alot of people here forget that we all have one thing in common. We all love chainsaws. Alot of post here lately have people bashing people over there builds and porting work. Thats why im posting this one so you can bash away all you want cause i had alot of fun building it and thats what this is suppose to be about FUN.

I hope these pictures show you what i did. Tore it down and cleaned it. Ordered new rings and while i was wating on them i opened up the intake port. Trying to widened it only and direct the flow towards the lower tranfers. I assume this is correct? Exhaust port was also widened and i made the exhaust gasket and back of the muffler match it. The front of the muffler got an extra opening and a deflector from the inside of a small husqvarna muffler. Rings showed up this morning and i put it back together. Fired on second pull and seems to be really strong. I have only gave it slight revs and let it run for about 5 minutes to heat cycle it one time. After it cooled down the compression was 155 so tell me what you guys think.
Here are some cylinder pics,hope there not to blurry.
View attachment 220234View attachment 220235View attachment 220236View attachment 220237

I agree nice model choice and glad it all came together for you!:clap: I am currently revamping a 660 as well and as expected in the beggining the bashing happened... I kind of expected it to a degree with being a newbie to the site and all... but what got me how it's was automatically assumed that I can not complete the project because I am new here... without even much asking about previous skills and abilities... it's all good tho... I believe there will be help available if & when I need it, there are alot of great people here...

We all have found our way here because we like our saws, want to learn from others and share with our know-how & experiences with others... Sometimes I think that gets forgotten... Hopefully I can get back to my project soon and post some updates...

Solarguru...

Ran a couple tanks thru it yesterday and it ran very well. I shut it down a few time and restarted it with no problems at all. It reved quickly and you could lean on it alittle without it bogging. Overall im happy with it so i guess its time to sell it and get another project to work on. 395xp

I agree nice model choice and glad it all came together for you!:clap: I am currently revamping a 660 as well and as expected in the beggining the bashing happened... I kind of expected it to a degree with being a newbie to the site and all... but what got me how it's was automatically assumed that I can not complete the project because I am new here... without even much asking about previous skills and abilities... it's all good tho... I believe there will be help available if & when I need it, there are alot of great people here...

We all have found our way here because we like our saws, want to learn from others and share with our know-how & experiences with others... Sometimes I think that gets forgotten... Hopefully I can get back to my project soon and post some updates...

Solarguru...

You both have great threads going here. Keep up the great work and thanks for shareing ,no matter what the "pros" have to say.

Back