Stihl 028 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one doing the exact same thing, haven't had a chance to get into it yet.....subscribed....

Last edited:
Come back Fish, there are lots of people here who think the place is not the same without your wit (& knowledge). Sometimes I feel bad in the stomach about AS too.

OP - the old 028's are easy to rebuild and worth it too.

Come back Fish, there are lots of people here who think the place is not the same without your wit (& knowledge). Sometimes I feel bad in the stomach about AS too.

OP - the old 028's are easy to rebuild and worth it too.

I wonder how easy it's gonna be to split the case and put new bearings in should I decide to..

I wonder how easy it's gonna be to split the case and put new bearings in should I decide to..

I can`t tell you how hard it is for you but for me its a 1.5-2 hr job to tear it down and rebuild one but I have all the custom made tools at my disposal. You can do it with but it will likely be a days work without the custom tools.

I can`t tell you how hard it is for you but for me its a 1.5-2 hr job to tear it down and rebuild one but I have all the custom made tools at my disposal. You can do it with but it will likely be a days work without the custom tools.

I have a neighbor that just offered to lend me the tools to split the case. I told him I'd let him know. I may have other plans for the saw, not sure yet.

Latest posts

Back