i am depressed please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I went to the every Monday flea market up in town,, and again,,,, nothing,,,, for the last several months all I have found in western ky and northwestern tn is freaking poulan wildthingys,,,, and if I do find a beat to hell stihl or huskie they are wanting new prices,,,,even at the weds morn auction house all that comes through there is wild thingys and they end up going for new freaking prices,,,, I have NEVER gone this long with out finding a saw,,, it is so depressing,,,, I think I have lost my touch of finding smoking deals:(:mad::(:mad:

Don't feel bad, This is that time of year that people start to look for chainsaws and the prices go up on everything!

Things aren't any better here either. Considering, for me, it's only a hobby. I don't get saws to repair and sell. I don't have the kind of money to buy and sell the popular stuff. Most of my stuff comes from a local scrap yard and even then not a lot of saws come through. But what does come through I will buy it up. But sometimes it can be a month or two. Doesn't matter what it is. I have enough friends on here that I supply parts to, or complete saws, at a low price or sometimes free. Most of the time free. I look at it as my responsibility to save them from being melted down and sent to China.

I went to an equipment auction saturday, some saws there. I had checked them out the day before, all huskies, best one a 394xp that had no spark! There was some guy there determined to own those sqws no matter what, and he got them, I think 750 for that 394. I stopped even thinking about bidding once he immediately flashed a 4 sign. One dude bid against him until 6 something, the other guy just did a big huge increase, he got the saws. did it with what they had there.

In other words, no deals lately here either. Pawnshops asking stoopid silly money. meh, back to working on what junk I have left.

Perhaps you should start lookin for used riding mowers to fix up. There's an endless supply this time of year.
there is truck loads of them around here,, but by the time you get them running you can't sell them for enough to make any money,, usually will loose money

dang,, the seattle craigslist looks like around here,,, way over priced,,,,,, been looking for 50cc or bigger and/or cheap saws that I can get running cheaply and flip or keepers,,, been looking for a nice 395xp for sure

Back