Poor Dolmar parts service !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand what you and 038x2 are saying. And I want to clarify that my comment about Dolmar being second tier was in reference to their market share, not the quality of their saws, which has always been good. Sorry if that came across the wrong way.

I knew what what you meant. Just wanted to "wave the flag" a bit.
The dealer did comment that there wasn't an intake boot anywhere in North America, hence the long wait :(

Steve

I knew what what you meant. Just wanted to "wave the flag" a bit.
The dealer did comment that there wasn't an intake boot anywhere in North America, hence the long wait :(

Steve
As popular as the 6400, 7300, & 7900 is as well as the Makita DCS series, you would think there would be one around somewhere not too far away?

3 1/2 weeks ago & called yesterday to follow up and the dealer said according to his info. he will have it (estimated) May 14th.
That's not dealer support. That's playing with the customer.
What is happening here. If a guy would walk to you from Germany all around along the North Pole with the hose in his hand he would be there in half the time!

Contact Dolmar, even better try and contact Dolmar Germany. Visit multiple international fora and let them know that this is NOT the way to treat a customer.
Most of my backhandle saws are Dolmar. Customer services in The Netherlands is good. Just be lucky those Dollys are so dependable.

Wolter

I have not had that much joy with anything beyond a spark plug. I have ordered things to find the wrong part delivered.

I also checked a few "interweb" sites & found "unavailable". The reason I need this boot is because I picked up this saw for $80.00 w/cooked piston, otherwise it is in pristine condition. It is a weee bit "molested" now :dizzy:.I couldn't find any porting info. (ie. #'s),so just went with a MM for now. The jug cleaned up w/acid. I suspect the prior owner ran crap fuel or straight gassed it. I however ripped the intake boot somehow.

Steve

And a good regional distributor should have 20. :)
I have had that conversation several times with my distributor. Not much has been done about so in my case i just order stuff in multiples. I have 24 case gaskets, a set of crankcase halves, and fuel tank assembly on backorder for the 7900. Sad that they don't have them in stock but since they don't stock them I am going to so that I don't end up with a disappointed customer

I have had that conversation several times with my distributor. Not much has been done about so in my case i just order stuff in multiples. I have 24 case gaskets, a set of crankcase halves, and fuel tank assembly on backorder for the 7900. Sad that they don't have them in stock but since they don't stock them I am going to so that I don't end up with a disappointed customer

You wouldn't just happen to have a "suction hose" :)

Steve

I'm going tomorrow to the regional Makita headquaters. I can ask if they have one in stock and send it to you if you want. No idea how long it will take or how much it will cost.

I have never seen a Dolmar saw around here that I recall. Jonsered was rare too until TSC started selling them. Stihl parts are expensive but the fact they can be acquired has some value. My local Stihl dealer never had anything so I haven't darkened their door for a few years now. I go to a distant dealer that only sells Stihl and he either has it or will get it. I don't expect a dealership to stock everything from their product line but consumables and common replacement parts should be on the shelf. ie, I needed a sprocket tip for a Stihl bar. He didn't have the .404 tip in stock but looked through a large pile of them to determine that. Dolmar is likely to never be a player in the North American market because of the marketing challenges in building a dealer network. And without the dealer network, they won't sell product and if they don't sell product, they can't get dealers, etc. etc...

If there is an equivalent Makita saw/part to the Dolmar one you need, buying it from Makita isn't a bad option, although you will have to call their 1800 number, since you can't order parts from their website.

Selling dolmar definitely has challenges but also some advantages. I can deal with dolmar Not advertising. Actually That's one of the advantages. the challenge is distributers not taking the brand seriously

I also checked a few "interweb" sites & found "unavailable". The reason I need this boot is because I picked up this saw for $80.00 w/cooked piston, otherwise it is in pristine condition. It is a weee bit "molested" now :dizzy:.I couldn't find any porting info. (ie. #'s),so just went with a MM for now. The jug cleaned up w/acid. I suspect the prior owner ran crap fuel or straight gassed it. I however ripped the intake boot somehow.

Steve

gorilla tape!

hey...might work!

OK, I talked to my distro company rep about this as I was waiting on parts for a customer's saw for weeks. He says that Makita have just completely re-warehoused all of their parts in order to make their logistics better. I n that process they basically shipped nothing to the distro companies, so if they were out it was tough luck. Supposedly things are straightening out.

Had a short conversation with my outside and inside rep yesterday and not much new to report but they are aware of the problem and working on it for what it is worth. Doesn't change the fact we cant help this guy out right now

Attachments

• 100_2345.JPG
    100_2345.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 8
Back