whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a call yesterday from a good customer of mines next door neighbor. I've done some work for the guy about 5 years ago. He recently had some trees cut down by a competitor and wants a price from me to grinds the stumps. He stressed in the message that he got other prices. I was just over there last week to look at some work for my good customer and notice the competitors sign out front in the neighbors yard. I'm kind of pissed that he'd have the nerve to call me even after I would bring him free wood chips. Don't know if I'm going to call the cheap in considerate jerk back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call him back. I am so done with jackrags like that.

I had a lady tell me I was crazy for trying to charge 700.00 for a 18" x50' maple that completely split and hung up into a spruce .... As the tree was swaying in 30mph winds and I'm looking thinking god I just wanna go home this huntbag is negotiating with me ! So I just laughed at her and said this just isn't gonna work and left she called 15 minutes later and asked if I could make it before it got dark

I had a lady tell me I was crazy for trying to charge 700.00 for a 18" x50' maple that completely split and hung up into a spruce .... As the tree was swaying in 30mph winds and I'm looking thinking god I just wanna go home this huntbag is negotiating with me ! So I just laughed at her and said this just isn't gonna work and left she called 15 minutes later and asked if I could make it before it got dark

Sounds all too familiar. Get that kind of **** all the time. I've got to where I try to "pre qualify" some of these clowns before we waste a trip going out to the property.

Ya, thats a bad deal what Scott is going through! I would look around for a couple months and try to find one from a private party. With all these truck places selling trucks its kinda scary who to buy from. I think FEVA? Builds a nice truck but its big money.

I got a call yesterday from a good customer of mines next door neighbor. I've done some work for the guy about 5 years ago. He recently had some trees cut down by a competitor and wants a price from me to grinds the stumps. He stressed in the message that he got other prices. I was just over there last week to look at some work for my good customer and notice the competitors sign out front in the neighbors yard. I'm kind of pissed that he'd have the nerve to call me even after I would bring him free wood chips. Don't know if I'm going to call the cheap in considerate jerk back.

Just give him a price accordingly and if he is stupid enough to have you do it then your making great money

I think the truck dealer my uncle works at might have 2000 highranger for around 18k. Might not be the perfect tree truck but it would work. Steffen trucks

I wouldn't even bother calling him back! But if you do just tell him you are too busy and say maybe you should get the guy who removed your trees to grind your stumps! If he said he got other prices in the message then screw him, it's just a waste of time. Tire kicker! Stumps will probably still be there a year from now!

We are selling an old ass truck think it's an 86 international the motor popped body is rusty as **** boom looks old and rickety but we flew it everyday I think it was going to go in that winter to have a new bucket put on it as its been rubbed a few to many times navigating through the canopy but it's still operational it's a rear mount so not sure how that would swap over to a forestry body truck but I think they only want like 4k for it lol its not over center 60' I believe

We are selling an old ass truck think it's an 86 international the motor popped body is rusty as **** boom looks old and rickety but we flew it everyday I think it was going to go in that winter to have a new bucket put on it as its been rubbed a few to many times navigating through the canopy but it's still operational it's a rear mount so not sure how that would swap over to a forestry body truck but I think they only want like 4k for it lol its not over center 60' I believe

Lol. I'm sure that's a big help.:dizzy:

being a climbing treeman aint easy... u gotta have a steel core (no posers allowed)... when times are bad people complain...when times are good guess what.. someone always has something to ***** about... make yourself happy first...making everyone happy is impossible...know the line and when to say F### it!.. if it aint good enough well thats just too damn bad...

It might not be easy but could anyone see them selves doing anything else?

Not really. And I'm not gonna go to work for someone else either. Couldn't imagine pulling whatever **** equipment out of the boxes that some other ******* deems appropriate. Same with the bigger equipment. I'd just hang it up before it ever came to that.

The whole thing is a life though.. and not necessarily the best one, either. There are things about this life that one doesn't see coming when young and ambitious. Same as anything in life, I guess. Just, wow.

I've only been in business 7 yrs now which isn't that long but long enough to know. When thing are bad it can be rough but when it's good it's better than anything else I've ever done in my life. Each year the bad gets less and the good get better. I've struggle with a new business through some of the worst times for anyone to be in business and survived. I don't think anything could dissuade me now unless I decide to sell everything I own and become a hermit living in the woods off the land. Lol!

Back