Oil Filter Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Over the years with families different cars have accumulated few different oil filter wrenches, cup sockets, etc . Changing oil on one of my kids cars has been a pain the way the filter sits next things making the typical wrench un turnable without removing a large panel. Today at WM I was going to buy another cup socket to specifically fit this filter which sometimes those can slip, so I decided to spend 4 bucks more and bought this. It worked well, no panel removal, and it will fit alot of filter sizes. It fits the large filter's on old Chevy 350's, which I'll be changing before long. It feels heavy duty on a Jeep filter I used it on.

Maybe this helps someone out.
oilfilter tool2.jpgoilfilter tool.jpg

Agree on the strap type filter remover...have qty 4 Cummins 6bt trucks and lots of other vehicles and equipment; this wrench has always persuaded any filter to "let go" without damaging the filter. Other wrenches that I tried in the past now sit unused...

I like the one on the right to remove filters and a carcon fiber socket one to install. At least Motorcraft filters need a little wxtra twiat so the won't back off.
View attachment 1163306
i bought the same tool on the left after having a bunch of the filter sockets slip on larger filters. it works great. the harder you pull the tighter it gets. i wish i had bought the larger one as well as the smaller one

Inboard boat filters are fun if they have been on a while.... like rust jacked to the block.

Took 3 hrs with the filter coming out in 30 pcs while holding your body upside down. No "standard" filter tool worked.

Final winning move was the gas axe with chisel and hammer.

-10 out 10 would recommend.

Change inboard filters often people! Even loosen them a few turns for long term storage.

If you're doing the oil change then you should be able to avoid needing an oil filter wrench. A useful tip I picked up on the Oilburners.net forum is to use 1 hand to tighten the filter so that with 2 hands you can likely remove it without much trouble, of course rust and other factors can screw up anything. I've never had a filter back off or rattle loose and this has worked with Motorcraft, Wix, NAPA, and Donaldson filters. Most of the time "Tight enough" is tight enough.

Latest posts

Back