Huztl changes product for Stihl cylinder (1127)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
I was building up some engines today and noticed that Huztl has made significant changes to their cylinders. I'm thinking it may be a different vendor. The previous kits (which I was very happy with) came in plain white boxes and the new kits are packed in a Farmer Tec branded box. The new cylinder is also marked as Farmer Tec whereas the previous offering had no "brand markings" on it. Quality wise, I'm not sure if there is any positive or negatives as I haven't run one of the new ones yet. I did manage to break two piston rings today and have never done that before (out of the old style kit)

One thing I will check, on the old style cylinders, the threaded hole to attach the coil ground wires to the cylinder were oversize. I used a 10-24 screw to secure the wires. I had advised Huztl of this months ago but not sure if it was addressed. Hopefully it has been remedied. The cylinders are much different in appearance and finish so I'm thinking they're not out of the same facility.

Farmer Tech and Hutzl were/are the same company as Hutlz didn't brand the parts. Same stuff Alborn supply was selling... looks to be a different cylinder all together. They may have just solidified the brand or sold the agreement that no white box stuff leaves the factory... you buy Farmer Tech. Could also be designation of the best quality.

Stens was doing the same thing. They would order a run and when they ran out, instead of keeping the same manufacturer, they bought whoever could fill the order and closely match the spec they wanted. Worst case was they never were the same product, always changing suppliers and nothing repeated. Why they are not contenders in the cylinder market.... even after offering a one year warranty on some cylinders. They were playing with ceramic coating last I heard, even have one at home in the 066 flavor.

On the new style cylinder, the screw hole for the coil ground is still sae 10-24 and not the metric size it should be. The old style actually looks better to me. I don't see any improvements, just different. I've been in communication with Huztl recently regarding several fitment issues with their products.

C Hina offers little quality control. Of course this is from my limited experience...

Back