Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 365 Special. It's just a fantastic chainsaw. I could not not be more pleased.

It's the best saw I know of for "finess cutting" in that it's very well balanced with an 18" bar, has a ton of torque at lower RPMs, and has many usable speeds. I got it for building log cabins, so it was a better choice than the 372XP for this reason.

If I were buying a saw strictly for firewood, I might consider the 357XP though.

If I were looking strictly for a powerhouse feller and firewood saw, I'd go 372XP all the way, but some folks don't want a saw this heavy.

It really depends on exactly what you'll be using it for and how much weight you'll tolerate dealing with.

I used a friends 262 xp today and I really liked it I'm considering purchasing a 362xp or 365. The 365 is not an xp, what are some of the mechanical differences between an xp and non xp saw. Is the 362xp a better saw than the 365. Local price $654 for the 362xp and $569 for the 365.

mostly porting displacement and a walbro carb. the 362 is a 2 port saw and the 365 is a closed quad port most of the time.

I think the 365 is the better deal here. same power.

I used a friends 262 xp today and I really liked it I'm considering purchasing a 362xp or 365. .....

Just be aware that the 362xp and 365 have a bit less power than the 262xp, and weights more.

On the plus side, they have inboard sprockets, and the newer ones also have the side chain tensioner (some time referred to as "Specials", some times not).

365 is a nice saw infact i wish id brought one instead of my 357xp, would say it matches the 262xp in terms of performance and as saw troll said you got a few more modern husky touches addded on

365 special

I have one and I tell you what,,,,,,, it is a torquey little saw,,,, it is really a great limbing/light bucking saw (up to 24" bar) also you can slap a 372 jug and piston on it cause it is the same crank and rod,,,:clap: and then you are in the 70+ cc range... Which I intend to do as soon as I finish a few of my 066 projects,,,, gonna do a Muff mod to it soon just because that is easy and when I do the 372 step-up (woods ported of course) the Muffler will be already done!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

special

we used them in line clearance they were good but 372xp
and old 272 seem to be better . I never could remember what special \
meant we had 365 and a 365 special never noticed a power diff:greenchainsaw:

Just be aware that the 362xp and 365 have a bit less power than the 262xp, and weights more.

On the plus side, they have inboard sprockets, and the newer ones also have the side chain tensioner (some time referred to as "Specials", some times not).

hey troll! the 362's we have on the shelf now are 362xp specials(w/big bar mount), any difference in them versus any other 362's?

hey troll! the 362's we have on the shelf now are 362xp specials(w/big bar mount), any difference in them versus any other 362's?

The big bar mount makes a whole lot more sense on a 60cc saw. My local Husky dealer only stocks the small mount bars, although they did accidentally get a big mount in the other day. But they don't stock any large mount saws, so, I guess it sort of makes sense.

Mark

The big bar mount makes a whole lot more sense on a 60cc saw. My local Husky dealer only stocks the small mount bars, although they did accidentally get a big mount in the other day. But they don't stock any large mount saws, so, I guess it sort of makes sense.

Mark

Every time i read stuff like this I'm amazed. We're by no means a huge husky dealer, but we try and always have at least a few of the larger saws in stock (right now 1-385, 1-575, 2-570 ,3-362xp) and 1-2 each of the large mount bars in 20, 24, and 32" and just now started stocking the 18" big mount bar after we lost a couple sales last month from not having it.

I bought three 365's this spring for $400 . One of them is a "special". Took the "special" along as a backup saw for my Jonsered....tried it out on some big birch. Wow what a lot of speed, acceleration and torque ....more so than my two Husqvarna 266's I believe .
For $400 I got a "parts" saw , a fixer-upper ( it starts good but revs way too high[sucking air from some place ? ] ) about 6 good bars ...four still in the cardboard sheaths...two of these are a 20" & a 24" bar and a dozen or so new or almost new chains .
I really like the 365 "classic" over the 266's because the classic has a compression release.....the 266 XP will pretty near rip your fingers off, if you pull it wrong . I had a seasoned bush worker try to drop start it (against my advice)....it didn't start but the bar ended up about 2 inches from his nose . He did get it going the second time he tried though .
I blocked about 5 cords of semi-cured birch with these two saws last week . Put a new motor on my home built log splitter , so was able to cut , split and stack all in a week.

I bought three 365's this spring for $400 . One of them is a "special". Took the "special" along as a backup saw for my Jonsered....tried it out on some big birch. Wow what a lot of speed, acceleration and torque ....more so than my two Husqvarna 266's I believe .
For $400 I got a "parts" saw , a fixer-upper ( it starts good but revs way too high[sucking air from some place ? ] ) about 6 good bars ...four still in the cardboard sheaths...two of these are a 20" & a 24" bar and a dozen or so new or almost new chains .
I really like the 365 "classic" over the 266's because the classic has a compression release.....the 266 XP will pretty near rip your fingers off, if you pull it wrong . I had a seasoned bush worker try to drop start it (against my advice)....it didn't start but the bar ended up about 2 inches from his nose . He did get it going the second time he tried though .
I blocked about 5 cords of semi-cured birch with these two saws last week . Put a new motor on my home built log splitter , so was able to cut , split and stack all in a week.
Nothing like reviving an 8 yr old tred, LOLOL!!!:rock:as stated they are impressive for a 65CC saw I would say I agree,,,, definitly lots of torque and enough/ample amounts of high end performance however, not a 372XP class saw by a bit but still a good work horse none the less,,,, FWIW!!!:happybanana:I might add ,,,,,,this is the first thread I ever posted in!!! and I did change out the top end of my 365 Special to make it a 372XP and it runs really well pulling a 28" bar

Nothing like reviving an 8 yr old tred, LOLOL!!!:rock:as stated they are impressive for a 65CC saw I would say I agree,,,, definitly lots of torque and enough/ample amounts of high end performance however, not a 372XP class saw by a bit but still a good work horse none the less,,,, FWIW!!!:happybanana:I might add ,,,,,,this is the first thread I ever posted in!!! and I did change out the top end of my 365 Special to make it a 372XP and it runs really well pulling a 28" bar

Hi Rick !!!

Back