going for the world record

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Some things happen for a reason
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I thought I would split this one for the world record...
P1030072.JPG
Actually, it just landed like this when it was unloaded from the trailer. What exactly is the world record anyway?

Attachments

• P1030072.JPG
    P1030072.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
My perspective is way off here.. is that a x25 or x27? either way; a gransfors would have plowed right through that twig....:chop::dancing::happybanana:

Looks like the original super split to me. The x25-27 have a flair where the original is straight from the back to the front.
That's what I was going to say.

My biggest are in the 36 - 40 inch range.

I would take that on out of curiosity. I imagine a lot of flipping the piece end for end and working on it.

My perspective is way off here.. is that a x25 or x27? either way; a gransfors would have plowed right through that twig....:chop::dancing::happybanana:
Looks like the original super split to me. The x25-27 have a flair where the original is straight from the back to the front.
I just went to check the model number on it and there is nothing on it whatsoever - I guess it was before the marketing hype/need to have a cool "X" number. I believe it to be a 7854, though I don't know if that makes it the original. It is not the X25 or X27 as noted with the flared head. In any case the overall length is about 28.5" so the log is about 24" diameter.

That's what I was going to say.

My biggest are in the 36 - 40 inch range.

I would take that on out of curiosity. I imagine a lot of flipping the piece end for end and working on it.
I may take a few swings at it just for curiosity as you say. Once that thing is down on the ground though the only way I'm swinging at it is underhand chop timbersports style - it's way too big for me to be doing a caber toss end for end.
iu
iu

Is that ash or tulip poplar? Either way it might split with your original supersplitter, get the speed up!

Is that ash or tulip poplar? Either way it might split with your original supersplitter, get the speed up!
It is ash. I don't think I can get the speed up high enough for what it takes to split this one! Just took a few half-hearted swings and about half of them bounced. A couple of them did feel solid so I may try again after the frost is off the log I was standing on to the left in the photo. It's either that or break out the scaffolding to have some firm footing.

Chuck checks under his bed for benp every night before he can fall asleep.

LOL:laughing:

You and Philbert need to open a comedy club.

I'd definitely cut a cookie off of each end of that big bugger. My success for splitting on dried out ends isn't so good on larger pieces.

It is ash. I don't think I can get the speed up high enough for what it takes to split this one! Just took a few half-hearted swings and about half of them bounced. A couple of them did feel solid so I may try again after the frost is off the log I was standing on to the left in the photo. It's either that or break out the scaffolding to have some firm footing.

ya stand up on something, another shorter round maybe...and grab a boombox and play the rocky theme!

Latest posts

Back