nc30 on clearance yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchip rookie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody know about or seen when/where the nc30's go on clearance? I have been checking the Durango, CO stores site but it hasnt changed. Does HD change the location of where they go on sale?

Not that I've seen. I was waiting last year this time for one to go on clearance and ended up talking to a employee in the store and they sold me they weren't marking them down.

He said they were just going to put them on the top racks and save them for the next year.

This is an NC30. Cheap, durable, big, basic, hoss of a stove. No BS enamel or cat or thermostat. Just hot.

Attachments

• barnstove.JPG
    barnstove.JPG
    393 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0859.jpg
    IMAG0859.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 50
I've been watching for clearance also. Except I'm looking for its little brother the nc-13. I already have a 13 in one of my out buildings and wouldn't mind having one in my home to use in the spring/fall to take the chill out upstairs. Rather than firing up my wood furnace when I really don't need to heat the basement too.

From what I have read the 13 doesn't go on clearance like the 30.
I got my present one on clearance about 6 years ago. But now the local store (HD) doesn't sell wood stoves anymore. I found one an hour away for around $600 full price. Not bad for a quality wood stove if you don't mind having one on the smaller side. A 30 would cook me out for sure.

I got 3,000sq ft to heat. I would benefit from a 30.

I use my NC30 for my 1800 SF, well insulated shop with 14' ceilings. It's not too big. Do not get anything less than an NC30 for 3000 SF. It's about the biggest non-cat you can buy and if the NC30 can't do it then I would recommend a wood furnace.

I added a convection deck and bigger, thermostat controlled blower to my NC30 which really improves output. I also run her up at 750 as much as possible. Three hour burn times when I'm trying to get max output! Very clean burner.

Back