Tree Monkey 661 - 60" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda makes ya wonder why the chainsaw milling guys don't cut on a bit of a bias instead of strait across the trunk?

now this is from someone who's never done any milling.
just a couple of freehand cuts like the central Americans that walk backyards on the log.
so please don't TOO harsh on me wiht ya responses.

Makes 'er almost sound like a thumper at the end of the cut!
What camera are you using?
Is the slow-mo just done in post proccesing or can the camera itself handle it?

and IF your using a cellphone, My mostest biggestest wonderusful thanks for not posting vertical video!

kinda makes ya wonder why the chainsaw milling guys don't cut on a bit of a bias instead of strait across the trunk?

now this is from someone who's never done any milling.
just a couple of freehand cuts like the central Americans that walk backyards on the log.
so please don't TOO harsh on me wiht ya responses.
You do, but the longer bars are harder on the saws. And you also run in a jig, if you set a mill up and run it the way it gets done makes a lot more sense.

I spent some time de-trashing reclaimed beams and other old wood.
(I've still got a few of my funky tools areound somewhere, oughta gater 'em up & snap a few pics one day.)

The fellow who did the re-cutting, of the beams, had a band mill (woodmizer, I think it was) But I've just never had the opportunity to spend time around a chainsaw mill.

Latest posts

Back