Just picked up a new 545

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striven82

Just a guy trying to learn
Reaction score
Picked up a new 545 MK2 today...has not seen a drop of fuel. Sorta' having buyers remorse that I didn't pay the extra $60 to get the XP. This saw is for downing trees and bucking logs in a non-professional setting. For bigger stuff I have a 562XPG MK1. For limbing I like using my echo CS400 lightly modded.

I just need someone to tell me that it's going to be fine...or that I should go back tomorrow and return home with the XP.

If you don’t have the extra 60 to spare, your fine with 545.
if the Extra coin is not an issue. You will always be kicking yourself why didnt get the 550 imo

Yeah - that's kinda what I was thinking. Dammit. The $699 sticker scared me, so I opted for the 545. I was in a hurry to get back home and catch the kids getting off the bus...had I taken 10 seconds to think about it at the shop, I would not have posted this. I'll prolly exchange it tomorrow. I know that I'll always wonder how much better the 550 would have been. Not having the question lingering in my mind is worth the $60.

Conclusion: 545 went back to the shop. There is a 550 in the mail from Baileys - cheaper than the 545 with their price reductions and the 10% coupon they gave me when I signed up for spam.

Now I'm just wondering if there is a better bar and chain combo than the 325 050 pixel that comes with the saw.

Glad you got what you wanted, you’d have always been questioning it otherwise. That said, you won’t notice the difference in the wood unless you had them side by side and did timed cuts.

.325 is nice on 50cc’s, but depends on wood species and hardness. i have found for my ms260 that a 16” 325 doesn’t load the saw up quite enough, but not bothered changing to a longer bar or a larger pitch.

Latest posts

Back