• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Lightweight preferably Stihl ES light 36” bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pushed the wrong button and it posted. I will entertain any lightweight bar. I can get a new Sugi for .63 3003 Mount for $140.00 and I’m leaning that way but as much as I like Sugi bars I’d like to try a Stihl ES light.

Let me know what ya got, I need it for a job early December. Thanks, Rye.

My vote goes to the Tsumara lightweight bars. Dave @thechainsawguy can get one headed your way for a reasonable price. Not cheap exactly, but they're very high quality. My neighbor redbull660 has done extensive testing on a lot of bars and this is what he says is best. Actually, it's worth PMing him, perhaps he has one he's used to run some tests and will pass on.

My vote goes to the Tsumara lightweight bars. Dave @thechainsawguy can get one headed your way for a reasonable price. Not cheap exactly, but they're very high quality. My neighbor redbull660 has done extensive testing on a lot of bars and this is what he says is best. Actually, it's worth PMing him, perhaps he has one he's used to run some tests and will pass on.

This.

Well now I’m even more perplexed, the Stihl is an .050 and the Tsumura is a .63. The Stihl is about 5.5 oz lighter but one would think a 36” would need to be a .63 or it would flex a lot correct? Now I’m leaning Tsumura.

I've not had good luck with 36" .050" milling. Firewood duty it works ok. Open the oil hole on it.

Back