whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42 spruce trees done by 1 and i spent 15 min 3 times waiting on the empty truck to return after I filled the one on site. Job is 25 mins from the shop and it took an hour and 15 mins for a round trip? Makes no sense!
I love these jobs, too bad i get like one good one a year.
0ee70406fdc73562d484c087d2134dbd.jpg
2e7ee5894a3bcd0245b1281a38a2cba3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

After talking to another peterbilt salesman I realized that the cab over design adds another 12 to 25 thousand to the cost of the truck depending on make. I scrapped buying a class 8 cab over and am back to the drawing board.

I’m sure you know this, but I just learned this year how “Mack is Mack”, meaning they build all their own stuff, tranny’s, engines, etc. I thought that was pretty cool.
and if you have all Mack components throughout, your bulldog hood ornament is gold instead of chrome. Had a gold dog years ago.

and if you have all Mack components throughout, your bulldog hood ornament is gold instead of chrome. Had a gold dog years ago.
the reason you had a gold bulldog years ago was because that truck had a maxidyne engine. mack was the first to offer a low rpm, wide torque band engine, which put them way ahead of the competitions engines.

the reason you had a gold bulldog years ago was because that truck had a maxidyne engine. mack was the first to offer a low rpm, wide torque band engine, which put them way ahead of the competitions engines.

No He's right. The gold dog was all Mack equipped trucks. They all had Mack engines but a lot came out with eaton trans and diffs that had chrome dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope, had one of each, gold then chrome, Eaton 8 speed in the second. First was a 5 speed Mack tranny with Mack engine and everything else throughout was mack.

nope, had one of each, gold then chrome, Eaton 8 speed in the second. First was a 5 speed Mack tranny with Mack engine and everything else throughout was mack.
whatever you say. i have owned and worked on macks since 1976. still own three now. the new ones cant compare since volvo gutted the company. have a nice day.

whatever you say. i have owned and worked on macks since 1976. still own three now. the new ones cant compare since volvo gutted the company. have a nice day.
one of my macks is al mack driveline. all original. was built with a mack econodyne engine. has chrome bulldog because its not a maxidyne engine in it.

100 years is ancient? We have 200, 300, 500 plus yr old trees in my little town. The town muni just removed a 240 year old Bur oak for no apparent reason and I ratted them out on our local neighborhood forum. The tree had not a dead twig, sound buttress, no decay in the trunk or scaffold, and no threat to anything (they touted it as a 24/7 threat to people and property). Took them 10 days to remove it over wires (I could have done it in 3 days) and they charged the utility $30,000 with the city removing the wood and the stump is still there.

9f198f51e52af1c5892a2330890b83ec.JPG.max800.jpg KIMG0367.JPG

Hell, for all I know it may be over 200 years old!

It's the biggest diameter trunked CalPepper I've seen at about an eight foot DBH, and over eleven foot at knee height.

The spread's about eighty feet, or was till I whacked it back from over the house.

If it were my tree I'd have moved the house.

Jomoco

Latest posts

Back