Used bandsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for used bandsaw mills, specifically an Ez Boardwalk 40. Can't seem to find much, anybody know where to look? Websites? other forums?

Trying to find it on the east coast as I'm located North of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Ryan

If you have tried as the above post implies you should have found sawmill trader and sawmill exchange. Search tempest allows searching Craig list as far away as desired.

Yes sir, saw those two sites, not a whole lot of what I’m looking for. Looks as if I’ll need to put out a bunch of feelers on some forums and facebook and see what I get

Looks like they will be at the Paul Bunyon show in East Ohio early Oct. Might see if they would sell the demo unit.

I emailed them to see if they had any used 40's or if they sold demo units at the shows they do, they said no on both accounts. It's a pretty small operation, I don't think it makes sense for such a small time manufacture to sell their demo unit

00A0A_2yu3tOZ5lFV_600x450.jpg

Like this one?

A LOT of sawmills get sold at the Paul Bunyan show, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell one there.

Normally, everyone has "show specials" for the stuff they bring there. I have picked up some GREAT deals at the show...

SR

Lumbermen online has a section as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Foresty Equipment Sales has a pretty good for sale of stuff.

I'll check both of the sites above, thanks guys!!!

A LOT of sawmills get sold at the Paul Bunyan show, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell one there.

Normally, everyone has "show specials" for the stuff they bring there. I have picked up some GREAT deals at the show...

SR
I'll have to look it up and maybe make the trip out! Thanks!

00A0A_2yu3tOZ5lFV_600x450.jpg

Like this one?
Yes sir, that's what I'm looking for!

You should check out Thomas mills. Made right here in Maine. Great units. Easily worth the drive up. They make some really wide mill's. I'd buy one tomorrow if I didn't already have a Hudson

Hey Ryan!
I am west of Phila near Lancaster County. I troll CL all the time looking for stuff, and tend to find a lot of mills in the lancaster and Maryland directories. Lot of good apps available to help you.
This may not be what you are looking for exactly, but just an example.

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/tls/d/timbery-m100-portable-sawmill/6661884180.html

Good luck!

John

John, I appreciate the link, I'm looking for something that will cut logs that are larger, I have a few cherry logs in the 45-50" range and several oak logs that are 32"+... Problem is I can't afford anything crazy right now. I figured the EZ boardwalk is a decent compromise between cost and cut width. I'm on Craigslist for an hour or two every night looking for mills in the same areas, haven't found anything that's just right yet, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the link though I appreciate it!

-Ryan

clue me in
why an ex boardwalk, i know some brands are better than others, just looking to learn

clue me in
why an ex boardwalk, i know some brands are better than others, just looking to learn

Honestly, it just fit my size needs and figured I’d be able to pick a used one up in my budget. Didn’t feel like paying an extra $2,000 for the orange paint that comes on a Wood-Mizer

I've ran a Ez Boardwalk, I liked it, but I don't think I'd be willing to trade my Lumbertmate for one...

SR

Latest posts

Back