Ms 261 c m oiler , need more oil.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure the oil is coming out of the bar pad with the bar and cover off. Then check the bar entry area, make sure it’s clean.

Are you using a Stihl bar? Make sure that it’s lined up with the oiler hole, as in the two holes align, the bar pad and the bar hole.

Run saw with bar and no chain. See I’ve the groove is filling with oil.

There’s a thread on the Verböten site about modding pumps.

If it’s oiling properly, you shouldn’t need more than 1/2 tank of oil to a tank of fuel. FWIW, the MS261 has a very small fuel tank.
According to Stihls listed specs, the ms261 has an average size fuel tank for a 50cc saw. Are the specs exaggerated?

+1 to this. With thick bar oil, my 241 dont want to oil an 18 inch bar correctly. But using the Stihl Woodcutter oil (orange jug), it works great. It's a lighter weight and flows like water.

True
I ran out one time and 10/30 weight was all I had in my truck
It would run out before I ran out of fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so here it is , i put same chain over on my cs 56 deere saw . No more chain getting loose. Why because it oils well ,Same oil stihl gray jug. Same logs also . So with more testing on deere saw , dirt is not the reason for the chain wear. I had been running the deere saw with a 20 " rm 33 chain with no problems. Really this saw is as good or really it is better than the 261. Stihl saws do not oil enough. I also checked the bar it is lining up with the oiler. So thanks for all the help. Also i have been really busy, hard to find time to deal with everything.

According to Stihls listed specs, the ms261 has an average size fuel tank for a 50cc saw. Are the specs exaggerated?
It’s probably half the capacity of an 026 tank, ask anyone who owns both.

It’s likely like a car fuel tank, they make them to hold X amount of fuel to go X amount of miles. The more fuel efficient the car is, the smaller the tank.

It’s just really noticeable on a ported 261. Fuel consumption increases greatly.

It appears according to specs that the 261 holds 500cc gas and 270cc oil.
I’m gonna find out today whether a muff mod increases flow.

I think the 026 and 261 hold nearly the same amount of fuel by spec.

The 261 tank is more tapered to the top and appears to be near empty quicker.

I believe it’s an illusion that make the 261 tank appear much smaller.

Latest posts

Back