Echo CS590 Timberwolf, CS600, CS600P, CS620, CS620pw differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carb is different on all 3 and the 620 has the largest venturi of the 3 IIRC. All parts should interchange from looking at them and comparing IPL's.

The 590/600 share the P&C with the 620 having a different P&C. I have both pistons here and honestly cant figure out what is different between them. http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/search?q=echo+piston&x=0&y=0 both pistons listed there and if you open each one up to look at the description i have all the measurements from both pistons posted too.

resurrecting this old thread because these models are still relevant and info is still hard to find. My 620pw got wrecked by a storm-damaged oak and crushed my side case, broke my tank, smashed the full wrap and shatered the case. sooooo Ill be picking up a 590 here in a month or so hopefully and doing a full swap of 620 parts into the 590 chassis. I'll let you know how it goes. If anyone wants anything specific regarding this swap chime in and I'll try and document.

resurrecting this old thread because these models are still relevant and info is still hard to find. My 620pw got wrecked by a storm-damaged oak and crushed my side case, broke my tank, smashed the full wrap and shatered the case. sooooo Ill be picking up a 590 here in a month or so hopefully and doing a full swap of 620 parts into the 590 chassis. I'll let you know how it goes. If anyone wants anything specific regarding this swap chime in and I'll try and document.
Ah I see, old post. Still cool, can't wait to see your progress.

Any chance you would be willing to sell the wrecked 620? Trying to find a 620 coil and carb for my ported 590 and refuse to pay what echo wants for a new one.

Someone was saying those coils are lifetime replacement. If that's the case they are most likely really hi quality units and probably worth spending the money for.

the 620 is my baby. Even if I bought a new saw I would still bring this one back.

As far as the difference between the 620p/pw and the 620sx I wasn't aware of any difference other than market. I cant find a place that the 620p is sold along side the 620sx which makes me believe they are the same saw with a branding change but I could absolutely be wrong here. I do plan on doing a light polish to the 620 before I put it together. I dont really have a plan to port it unless someone has some very solid specs and results. I feel the 620 as it sits not is probably close to the line for the reliability/ performance balance point on a 60cc saw.

The carb really isn't important as it's not big enough compared to the 590 carb to really make a difference. Just figured if I could pick up a whole saw I'd swap it. The timing advance on the coil is what I'm after don't want to file the key if I can get 8* and an unlimited coil by swapping to the 620 coil.

It's a really curious question. Looking over the SDS the bore, and stroke are identical. The 590 actually has a bit higher compression ratio but lower compression psi. 7.2:1 on the 590 at 146 psi vs 6.9:1 on the 620 at 154 psi. The only reason behind it I can think of would be the difference in the slug itself. 590 is a single ring and the 620 is a double ring or maybe the shape of the top? Carb on the 590/600 is the Walboro HDA-268 vs the Walboro HDA-316 on the 620/600sx.

Echo CS 620p has a domed piston plus the 2 rings you have the higher compression.I don't think that a 590 would justifies a coil or a carb swap from a 620p.I am saying that because i don't think power difference between 2 saws is that big.Here in Greece 590 price is at 540€ (~622$) and the 620p in shindi colours (600SX) is at 660€(760$).~140$ price difference is very small,only the aluminium handlebar costs more.So if someone wants the 620 pays a little more and get it,if someone wants to save a little money gets the 590.Buy the 590 and start swapping parts just don't seems logic to me.Imho a 590 with a gasket delete,muffler mod and a retune is the perfect choise.I am waiting a 490 i bought from ebay for 230$ a couple days ago,i really like Echos but in the price of the 501SX(580$ in Greece) and the 620SX (price for it is above) i think i'll pass.Makita EA6100p is 550$,even the AT Huskies are close in price with Echos here.

Latest posts

Back