Best Top Handle Saw Under $350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not needed Echo's warranty service but have heard Echo can be difficult in that area. So I removed the limiters and lightly modded the muffler right off the bat. The factory WOT spec for the 355T is 13.3-14.5k. I keep mine tuned between 13-13.5k and it pulls better than a little saw should. Did anyone mention how easy to start it is. :)
I'm leaning towards doing the same...it's so cheap, I'm going to fix anything that goes wrong myself most likely. Anything short of a full meltdown anyway. If that's going to happen, it should happen during break in.

So I'll get through 5 tanks or so and if it's still running right, I'll probably mod it.

I'm leaning towards doing the same...it's so cheap, I'm going to fix anything that goes wrong myself most likely. Anything short of a full meltdown anyway. If that's going to happen, it should happen during break in.

So I'll get through 5 tanks or so and if it's still running right, I'll probably mod it.
Theres really not much gains in modding the muffler. It's an empty can to begin with. Biggest gains are found with some grinding in the air box.

Don't run it until you pull the caps and adjust properly for your gas, temp and elevation. NOT after it burns up if its set to lean from the factory. New limiter caps cost around 70 cents each. Steve

Honestly I have 4 193ts and absolutely love them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
After running standard carb 201's for another guy I feel I made the right decision in purchasing my 193, especially if you consider cost. I either broke it in right or just got a good one because it cuts fantastic and all I really did was trim the carb limiters. Yes it pulls hard, yes it dances around while running but I rarely set it down while idling. I really like the ergos better than a 201 but that's personal I suppose, probably the best starting saw I own.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

The only mod i have done to the 355t was to pull the limiters and tune it in wood the day it arrived....I got lucky found one brand new for 300 shipped had to jump on it.... that paulvane has them all the time he only does one at a time so it takes a few days and he will have another up for sale when one sells....he has the 2511ts at a good price also and the 271t's... i have all 3 and yes the 2511t is light but if i could have just one for everything it would be the 355t..I run a 14 inch bar and chain with vxl on the 355t...good luck with your saw...

Saw arrived tonight. Pretty amazing considering I ordered it mid afternoon yesterday.

Gave her a good look over and it looks pretty good. The bar end protector is a waste of money...take $2 off and quit including those.

-20 with sustained 30mph winds right now....so we're not going to be running it till the weekend at best...and I got a coyote hunting trip planned so I might not be able to run it for a couple weeks...

Wow that's insane fast shipping... he in the same town as you? LOL....you have control i had the muffler off to check out the piston yea im that guy... then pulled the limiters and was tuning it and playing ...You have self control ....but then again im in florida and was in shorts today....white stuff is beach sand ....

Wow that's insane fast shipping... he in the same town as you? LOL....you have control i had the muffler off to check out the piston yea im that guy... then pulled the limiters and was tuning it and playing ...You have self control ....but then again im in florida and was in shorts today....white stuff is beach sand ....
haha, yeah he's in the same state so pretty close. I took the muffler off and checked out the piston...some weird discoloration on the skirt, but other than that it looks good. I'll definitely pull the limiters and tune it once I get a chance.

The Tanaka ad is a 'like item' because that's a link to the item that has already been sold and closed. I have no idea if they're a chain brake or not....I don't think I would buy one personally.

This is the guy that sells them(and there was one available when I just looked):

https://www.ebay.com/usr/paulvane?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The only mod i have done to the 355t was to pull the limiters and tune it in wood the day it arrived....I got lucky found one brand new for 300 shipped had to jump on it.... that paulvane has them all the time he only does one at a time so it takes a few days and he will have another up for sale when one sells....he has the 2511ts at a good price also and the 271t's... i have all 3 and yes the 2511t is light but if i could have just one for everything it would be the 355t..I run a 14 inch bar and chain with vxl on the 355t...good luck with your saw...

If you go to his store you will find multiple listings. He does have good prices.

Had some time tonight and I decided to brave the cold...well, sort of.

Got the limiters pulled out, first one was not fun...second one came right out. Took it out in the garage and opened the door a bit so I could direct the exhaust outside without exposing myself to -30ºF temps. I just couldn't handle not running it...Got it tuned, but of course, it's tuned for significantly lower temps( 50-60ºF different most likely) than I'm probably going to be running it, so I'm guessing it's going to need some tweaking once I'm ready to get it in wood...but that's fine. Who doesn't enjoy tuning a saw?

Feels good in the hand, looking forward to getting it broke in and working with it in the tree.

Latest posts

Back