Recommendations on a farm saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asavageoak

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Had some rough luck with saws this year and am running out of time to fix them since I heat our home and barn with firewood. I'll be fixing my father in law's ms291, husqvarna 61 and ms250c, but I don't really have time to wait on the parts.

What's the best lightweight saw for hardwoods under 1000 bucks? I hear the ms271 is great but I'm upset at my other Stihl saws at the moment so was leaning towards trying a different brand. I run about 4 tanks of gas per weekend in the winter and fall.

Husqvarna has a 20% sale going now. Any of the pro saws are good. Or you can go to your local Stihl guy. I don’t know what 1000 bucks is in Canada but the 400 should be in the ballpark.

Usually felling large dead red oaks and maples, we run 18 and 24
Checking husky Canada doesn't look like any sale price. Husky pro saws are 20 percent off in us. The husky 562 around 1000 ca or 572 1300 ca would be nice or Stihl ms 400 if you want to stay with a pro saw.

Had some rough luck with saws this year and am running out of time to fix them since I heat our home and barn with firewood. I'll be fixing my father in law's ms291, husqvarna 61 and ms250c, but I don't really have time to wait on the parts.

What's the best lightweight saw for hardwoods under 1000 bucks? I hear the ms271 is great but I'm upset at my other Stihl saws at the moment so was leaning towards trying a different brand. I run about 4 tanks of gas per weekend in the winter and fall.
I asked this question just the other day and the amount of help I had was awsome so maybe get a 261 or a echo 590

Latest posts

Back