whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they just bought me a 4 section stick so I didnt have to jib it! I got to run a 26t national this weekend (buddies company rented) when the operator got cold, lol. so much easier with an extra 30 foot of main also at this radius would have been good for 2500 vs 1000
8fd0923a019be1812b5d0d02b795e460.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I wish they just bought me a 4 section stick so I didnt have to jib it! I got to run a 26t national this weekend (buddies company rented) when the operator got cold, lol. so much easier with an extra 30 foot of main also at this radius would have been good for 2500 vs 1000 if you look at the load chart of that machine, you have no capacity rating for the jib at that boom angle. jib capacities are based on main boom angle.
8fd0923a019be1812b5d0d02b795e460.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

9 pear and 7 apple apple trees hit hard in a backyard orchard. For the first time ever, I feel kinda bad for the homeowner on this no cleanup job. Its a sea of brush, lol

Attachments

• 20190226_153739.jpg
    20190226_153739.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190226_144602.jpg
    20190226_144602.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 33
How many yards is that “can”? Lol.

How do you get rid of that thing over your way? I know here they’d want a small fortune to dump that thing full of wood. Everything else about that setup I love! That’s just the thing that I’d have to consider.

My dump used to take chips for free forever. As soon as I got the big chipper they started charging $5 a yard. They’re not real strict about the yards, but still, $45 - $60 a load adds up during the busy season. I won’t pay it. I know eventually I will, but for now I’m using other spots.

I’m trying to keep a cool head here. I was supposed to go back to Plympton today to pick up the chip box can but they didn’t have it out of their storage lot yet. They missed a bunch of little things on the truck I told them to do that the guy “wrote down” so I’m just going to wait another day to have them correct them. We are snowed in anyway.

It’s a beautiful truck and I can’t wait to post some more pics. I have to take two more trucks out of service this week for suspension work so I have my hands full.

We dump chips for free, always and hopefully forever. I have three places I dump my hardwood so they can give a go at making money off firewood. All pine logs smaller than 24” goes to oldcastle where they pay us 18 bucks a ton and the big and nasties we incinerate.

Ordered two of these rifle cases through sherrill for my newer big shots (with trigger) a while back. Idea is to have one on each truck, and keep them in a safe spot away from saw teeth, etc. Not quite as bulky of cheap as I thought they would be. I like.

After seeing that they actually are just a cheap gun case, I’m pretty sure I could’ve gotten one at Walmart a lot quicker and for less money, but whatever. At least that’s done. Off season is a good time for dialing in the small stuff.
5FC373C1-8516-4845-9E1A-4EDA3BEECC95.jpeg
94C15897-0F68-42CD-A415-61FDA6BD5E9C.jpeg

Gorman, what do you mean “incinerate”? I’m assuming you mean burn them, but just trying to think of how that would work. I can’t says I’ve ever tried burning a 50” log. Lol

It’s very, very, very easy. Get a pit fire going and it doesn’t go out. Best before a rain. Junk hydraulic oil helps. We can burn 20k lbs a day easy.

But it’s all about location, location, location. Can’t do it near neighbors

Latest posts

Back