stripped spark plug threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use helicoil, the helicoil oversize tap has a chaser that follows the remaining damaged spark plug threads, it is very accurate and ensures that you are perfectly square with the seat. Expensive but takes out any guesswork!
If the extra length don't hit the side of the cyl as in the case of the 200tS then yes!

What method did you use?

I have them all, each one has a different approach but each will work equally well if done correctly. Time Sert, Keensert and Helicoil will work as intended if done correctly, never had one back out or leak.

If one man can build it, another can fix it how do you think the guy you pay learned how to fix things? he tried and failed maybe or maybe not. He tried just the same you will never learn anything if you don't try. Have at it if you have bad luck drill it out and re-tap to the next size up plug and go again its a chainsaw not a Porsche, Good luck.

I did not read all of this but I've used some of the spark plug thread kits from flea bay with good results. Comes with a multipurpose tap and different size inserts. some serts are same threaded but of longer length. I think they are mainly geared towards small engines rather than chainsaws, but have 2 cycle serts also. I use red threadlocker when installing and do not over torque the spark plug.

I repaired my neighbors cub cadet tractor using a insert that came with a tap that had a pilot that you couldn’t angle it. You go straight in and tap. I’m 0 and 1 so far. These thread repair kits come with different length inserts.

Latest posts

Back