New two stroke piston design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool but how does he keep it from coming unscrewed?. In some applications the Windows in the piston are there for transfer flow. Without them the lowers are covered up for far too much of the transfer cycle to run well atall. In his application the piston he made may work well. That jug looked to have some pretty wild ports anyhow. I'd still be scared to rip that at too high a rpm for very long fearing it would cone unglued.

there was some guy on here a few months ago claiming to have invented this same thing (or his version of something similar...). i get trying push boundaries and stuff, i dont see it being sensible for 99.9% of 2 stroke applications. probly a $250 piston. meteors have worked fine so far haha.

It might help in a bike motor but wouldn't help a saw motor. The transfers are different in a bike motor.
I opened up the sides of the piston on the saws I ported as it helps feed the transfers.

Latest posts

Back