Anyway to get this out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have froze bearings, heated cases and have yet to have a bearing fall in or out and probably done a hundred at least. Yes it does help, IMO if it falls in or out you better check closely as you had a spun bearing to start with. I have done gotten the new bearings pressed in (straight out of the freezer)the case was heated, the saw leak tested and will be back in the woods tomorrow.

I just remove all rubber bits, wait till "er indoors" goes out and pop it in the oven on a tray, whack the oven on high and wait for the clunk which tells me it's dropped out (make sure it's the right way up to drop out and remember to open all the windows to let the smoke out before "er indoors" gets back! ) if you are quick enough you can then install the new bearing in the case whilst it's still hot on removal from the oven! Ps make sure to have a tea towel handy to waft the smoke alarm when it inevitably goes off!!!!!

Back