What light bars are you guys running?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back bar, meaning using the top of the bar, getting limbs on top of the log going in front of you, keeps the power head low so the knots get cut very low.

Or wrong handing the saw (as happens from time to time) that extra bar on the right side comes in handy, though wrong handing a chainsaw is not kosherized rules

And another thing....

The small dogs sometimes dont stick real well when ya wanna just stab em in to hold the saw, different saws different designs. But I find it real aggravating to be pick my saw off the ground when it should be secure on top of the log
LMFAO
Too funny!

back bar, meaning using the top of the bar, getting limbs on top of the log going in front of you, keeps the power head low so the knots get cut very low.

Or wrong handing the saw (as happens from time to time) that extra bar on the right side comes in handy, though wrong handing a chainsaw is not kosherized rules
Yes, an upsidedown crossover. AKA : Retarded left side Larry.
Lol. I have done my share. I Think it is faster,safer and less energy to walk log and limb top and right side and limb other right side on the way back. I do both I guess but just easy left side at the top so yeah I cross over to retarded because that comes easy.

You are talking about right side as well?
A bit more unorthodox because left hand is crossing the body. Then again branches are all unorthodox

Hey well thanks for that input ted!

I think I’ll probably settle for a versacut or something in expensive for 24”, I don’t really want to goto 28. We will see :) thank you all for your input keep it coming!

wondering about some of the other things on this saw if I need or not...
I have a full wrap heated handle on this 372xp but it’s just getting in the way. It came with the saw when I bought it and I thought it would be real handy, but it’s just getting in the way.
I totally see it coming in handy for production, when your felling all day long, I just don’t see any use for it bucking.
The big dogs on this saw are ‘cool’ looking but there aren’t any red woods here lol, I’ve come across the occasionally thick bark tree but it’s rare when they are used.
I ordered smaller spikes, in which I think I’ll just use the one side, also gonna try and order a standard wrap handle... I’ll see how much a heated one costs.
hands in MAN CARD^^
Shh....I would just keep that to yourself:omg:
J/k ya

Latest posts

Back