Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 550XP is very light on the juice but when you get into big stuff it gets pretty thirsty.

Great pictures.

In regards to Auto Tune and fuel consumption..

Now i know these are 2 different CC’s but my 562xp uses 1/2 the fuel easy that my ported 385XP does. I still like using the 385xp more.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

James, hope there is not too much damage, and that everyone is OK. My Daughter's place narrowly missed it last year, but her Husband's PU truck was totaled. We still have tons of wood to split over there.
The house is fine. The deck is the worst of the damage but it can be fixed along with the swing set.

Great pictures.

In regards to Auto Tune and fuel consumption..

Now i know these are 2 different CC’s but my 562xp uses 1/2 the fuel easy that my ported 385XP does. I still like using the 385xp more.
It's hard to beat the MT and AT saws for efficiency in cutting, fueling, bar changes, operator comfort features, and controls that speed up the process, but those things don't always equate to more fun, just more getting done.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Exactly. When I've got a job to do the mtronic and autotune saws are used, when I'm cutting firewood it's all the standard carbed saws, usually ported. They are loud, suck fuel, and fun, but they do cut fast :).

The house is fine. The deck is the worst of the damage but it can be fixed along with the swing set.
Call the insurance co. before you do anything. Take lots of pics from all angles just in case there is hidden damage to the house.

Call the insurance co. before you do anything. Take lots of pics from all angles just in case there is hidden damage to the house.
And don't clean the mess up until they come out and a claim is discussed. Here they will usually give you/a company 500 for removal of debris, but if you remove it all they may not give you anything, it's easier to negotiate it before removing it. I've negotiated a contract with the insurance company with 500 for removal of debris, if the client wants the wood I will make make them an offer of removing/taking care of the debris and I have them knock the money off what they pay me, many times it's enough to cover the deductable, most just want it gone.

@Logger nate Here’s a couple pics hope they help. The extended hitch came from Rural King. I got a piece of 3/4” plate big enough to fit the footprint of the winch and welded it on top then for a bit of extra safety I put 2 grade 8 bolts thru the plate and thru the hitch. The mounting holes for the winch are drilled thru and the grade 10.9 (metric) bolts draw the winch down to the plate. I bought a big deep cell marine battery to run in instead of wiring it in to the truck. Everything rides in a box on the trailer until needed. Just slide into receiver, tighten winch down and hook leads to battery.

Attachments

• 76E41E81-B34D-4851-9C41-48AE063C6741.jpeg
    76E41E81-B34D-4851-9C41-48AE063C6741.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • B9015F79-FBB6-490E-B02D-246FA68FC8E9.jpeg
    B9015F79-FBB6-490E-B02D-246FA68FC8E9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
View attachment 738616 Were gonna find out if the first ones hard maple or not as half of its laying on my kids swingset and trampoline.View attachment 738617 and this one smashed my deck and is laying against the back of the house.
Believe we may have caught a small tornado.
Hope everyone is ok. At least you don’t have to haul the wood very far. Hope damage isn’t too bad.

@Logger nate Here’s a couple pics hope they help. The extended hitch came from Rural King. I got a piece of 3/4” plate big enough to fit the footprint of the winch and welded it on top then for a bit of extra safety I put 2 grade 8 bolts thru the plate and thru the hitch. The mounting holes for the winch are drilled thru and the grade 10.9 (metric) bolts draw the winch down to the plate. I bought a big deep cell marine battery to run in instead of wiring it in to the truck. Everything rides in a box on the trailer until needed. Just slide into receiver, tighten winch down and hook leads to battery.
Thanks, looks great! Should work very well. What winch you using? How long will battery last?

Finished another row. Should be 3 cords there.

I wasn't ready for this! What happened?

Holy heck :baba:.
I had a fire last night :blob2:, and it was 71 in the house when I left this morning. They are calling for 77 for a high tomorrow and then low 70s the rest of the weekend, the weekend sound great to me :yes:, at least for this season.
View attachment 738723

Old Duke (nieghbor) got himself some lunch. Glad he went out back to hide from the other dogs. Didn't really want coon on my porch.
Saw this one today trying to fins a tree job to bid, couldn't find it :rare2:.
Looks like it was sick, didn't even try to climb the tree. When I came over the hill and saw it the first thing I saw was a deer that was in the same proximity, I think it was wondering what was wrong with it too, that or it just stomped it for being to close to it's fawn :eek:.
IMG_20190530_150304027.jpg IMG_20190530_150401256.jpg

Just took down a highly valuable 50 foot Black Walnut today. I can probably retire with all the money I’m going to get for this one. Lol. But seriously, the lower 40 feet is straight as an arrow, as it was surrounded by other trees and didn’t branch out until the top ten feet. I wish I knew someone with a mill that made furniture. It seems such a waste to cut it up as firewood.
8604e31a5a24a03d31aacae90eb89f60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back