Oregon 91VXL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs111999

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ordered a 55 link of this new stuff cause the reviews were good.Ebay had a good price. I was expecting it to be full size 3/8 50 ga but sure enough it is quite a bit narrower than regular 3/8s but the tooth length is long. And of course it doesnt have safety garbage on it. I was pleased to see it cause full size might be awkward on a small narrow 16 inch bar.
I noticed the rakers have a slightly different mill to them also.
Overall looks like a good product from Oregon for smaller bars.

Who implied that?

It is relatively newer. Talking to the Oregon guys at the Expo about 15 or so years ago, I told them that I had sold
the Carlton N1 when I had my shop, because the tooth was a lot longer new. They at first tried "That's an opptical illusion" crap, so we went over to the Stens booth, and I showed them the chisel on the N1, they seemed interested after that.
I don't know if that started anything or not, but for selling a new chains, the longer chisel=more life pitch works.

It seems a lot of folks on here seem to think the 91vxl makes for a kind of bumpy experience. Me included on the battery stuff. Maybe up around the 42cc max suggestion for 91vxl it isn't really noticeable. I like the obsolete vx with the shorter cutters or the Stihl offerings. The Carlton N1C seems a more crude product with no features to help move the oil on the drivers.

It seems a lot of folks on here seem to think the 91vxl makes for a kind of bumpy experience. Me included on the battery stuff. Maybe up around the 42cc max suggestion for 91vxl it isn't really noticeable. I like the obsolete vx with the shorter cutters or the Stihl offerings. The Carlton N1C seems a more crude product with no features to help move the oil on the drivers.
I’ve had several loops of VXL that chattered significantly out of the box. After the first sharpening they cut smoothly for me.

Back