Carlton SP4012 / 2500 front hydraulic pump leak when turning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playboybill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, i have a carlton stump grinder model sp4012 i belive but looks like the 2500 as well but i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a kit to rebuild this front pump that leaks when i turn left or right and also has a small slow drip while just sitting, but when i turn left or right it spits out a decent amount..enough to see a small line of it while turning on a concrete driveway.....or if anyone had any other ideas....thank you all!

Attachments

• 20191014_140141.jpg
    20191014_140141.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 13
Hello, i have a carlton stump grinder model sp4012 i belive but looks like the 2500 as well but i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a kit to rebuild this front pump that leaks when i turn left or right and also has a small slow drip while just sitting, but when i turn left or right it spits out a decent amount..enough to see a small line of it while turning on a concrete driveway.....or if anyone had any other ideas....thank you all!

That’s a cylinder. Might want to price a new one.

You can just put a seal kit in it. Or, you can take it to any hydraulics shop. The nice thing about doing it yourself is you only have to remove one end. If there are 2 cylinders on that function, do 'em both.

Back