Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on dad. After 12 days in icu his condition was nothing by mouth (ever) due to aspiration. So he said no thanks and since he was going against Drs orders was pushed out of icu and the hospital into hospice. His needs are too much for me to manage at home.

Really got expensive fast! Am hoping to move him to a VA affiliated nursing home closer to home. His current placement is nice but costs $500 a day (out of pocket) and I am betting he will last longer than the 3 months give er take the Drs give him.

Has been a roller coaster ride for sure. Nice thing is he has seen more family these past 2 weeks than he has since our last family reunion.
Sorry to hear this.
I'll keep your family in our prayers as well as the doctors/people at the home.

Was just over at @svk 's partially punky log thread and realised I hadn't posted some firepit pics with scrounged wattle :buttkick:.

We're well into spring but have stihl had the odd cold front come through making it firepit worthy. We have another coming though this coming week that might leave half a foot of snow on the hills :crazy2:.

Despite that we are into fire restriction season which means you can't burn off without a written permit (that are difficult to get), you can stihl have a firepit with certain conditions.

28th Oct 3.jpg

You can't really see but there's stihl some snow on the mountain. Seems strange to be in fire restriction, but anyway...

That said, with some dry wattle in there and 20°C temps, I soon had to move the chair back a bit.

28th Oct 1.jpg

I got started on dinner while Cowgirl sat outside mesmerised by the flames. But soon, she had to move back as well.

28th Oct 2.jpg

Cowgirl is from Queensland (think Florida but hotter and with more bogans) so for her to have to move back is a feather in the cap. :numberone::rock:

Update on dad. After 12 days in icu his condition was nothing by mouth (ever) due to aspiration. So he said no thanks and since he was going against Drs orders was pushed out of icu and the hospital into hospice. His needs are too much for me to manage at home.

Really got expensive fast! Am hoping to move him to a VA affiliated nursing home closer to home. His current placement is nice but costs $500 a day (out of pocket) and I am betting he will last longer than the 3 months give er take the Drs give him.

Has been a roller coaster ride for sure. Nice thing is he has seen more family these past 2 weeks than he has since our last family reunion.

Honest to God I was just wondering how things were going for you. Having gone through a similar experience with my dad I feel for you and the situation. Cherish the time and enjoy what you can. God bless Dad, you, and the family.

Sorry to hear

Best of luck sir. I just brought my dad home from 2.5 weeks in the hospital. I know the roller coaster as well.
Enjoy your family folks. Things can change in a instant.

Enjoy your family folks. Things can change in a instant.
Yeap. Anyone recall the (shall we say, interesting) introduction I had to the new neighbour about a month or so ago? well, he's just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, has three months they reckon. And slightly but not fully related to departing family members, but certainly to how things ca change...recall I mentioned the Canadian niece who got her school put on lockdown a while ago? Well, she has gone off the rails, ran away from home, staying in a drug house, and last night got delivered home by the police on some sort of custody arrangement because she is now pending charges of assault, robbery, etc. The law, I have to say, in Canada is utterly phucked up. Sister and BIL have phuck-all rights and if she doesn't want to come home (the gangs, pimps, and dealers will make sure of that) parents can't make her. Best they could do is go through the process of having her committed on mental health grounds. She's 14. Let that **** sink in for a minute. 14. I'm not trying to start a political discussion an ruin this thread with it but you good Canadians on here need to associate and take your country back before everywhere up there slides into the same dysfunctional liberal sinkhole that has swallowed too many cities and lives already.

*ETA* Predictably, the niece has run off again and this time i don't think she'll be found until she herself finds rock bottom or her lifeless body is recovered from a ditch.

Spent the last few hours outside. Replaced the radiator in my truck, attempted to clean the MAF screen to get rid of the doggone code on my dash, hung up a few bird feeders, and built a wood rack. Need to clean the furnace room next so wood can get stacked in there. Easier said than done as it has been 4 years since we burned wood and there is a lot of **** stored in there.

Yeap. Anyone recall the (shall we say, interesting) introduction I had to the new neighbour about a month or so ago? well, he's just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, has three months they reckon. And slightly but not fully related to departing family members, but certainly to how things ca change...recall I mentioned the Canadian niece who got her school put on lockdown a while ago? Well, she has gone off the rails, ran away from home, staying in a drug house, and last night got delivered home by the police on some sort of custody arrangement because she is now pending charges of assault, robbery, etc. The law, I have to say, in Canada is utterly phucked up. Sister and BIL have phuck-all rights and if she doesn't want to come home (the gangs, pimps, and dealers will make sure of that) parents can't make her. Best they could do is go through the process of having her committed on mental health grounds. She's 14. Let that **** sink in for a minute. 14. I'm not trying to start a political discussion an ruin this thread with it but you good Canadians on here need to associate and take your country back before everywhere up there slides into the same dysfunctional liberal sinkhole that has swallowed too many cities and lives already.

What province is she in ?

Back