CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around me Husky has a bad rep so the dealers are dropping them, I couldn't get a new one around here even if I wanted. I love their saws but I rely on being able to source parts locally when in a pinch.

I've looked at Stihl, and I just don't see it being worth the money over the Echo's - another $500. I would like something bigger and more capable than the rancher, I wasn't heating with wood when I bought it.

I think the real answer is continue with the Rancher for this year and double down on the bigger Echo next year, move towards a pro saw and away from the HD level saws. The local dealer has the 680 on for $899 right now, it's just a bit spicey when stacked up on other projects I have on the go right now. I'llc checkout the 620 while I'm at it.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Seen the 680 go for a around $600 so I would pass, it's also a brick of a saw. I'd grab a 590, 620 long before a 680.

I personally do my best to stay away from dealers anymore, prices are too high and takes 10× longer to get parts than just ordering them online. With Stihl you're limited to buying from a dealer much of the time, which is often takes forever and is a ripoff, reminds me of Apple, they don't want to repair or sell you parts, just want you to buy a new one.

The 550xp and 562xp really hurt Husqvarna's reputation, they messed up with those models and didn't get them right in a timely manner.[emoji111]

If you can afford it go with a 620, or if budget is an issue the 590. Both will serve you well, I recapturing the Red Armor premix... great saws I’ve owned a lot of saws, pro and otherwise and for the value the 620/590 is at the top of the list. The wide powerband is what makes them so great, muffler mod and retune if you want a little more but I would by from a box store go to a dealer and build a relationship...

I picked up a new 590 up in Anchorage for $310 a few weeks ago, was bought gassed up but guys cutting plans changed so had never seen wood. I am very impressed with it so far, easy starting cold or hot, seems to cut just about as well as my Stihl MS360 or Husqvarna Rancher 460. For the money they seem pretty hard to beat for a 60cc saw.

Cs590 over any of the Husqvarna Rancher saws. I would grab a 572xp over the last 372's. And honestly still prefer the Dolmar 7900 over all the above.
Agree with all of the above. Though Echo could shake things up a bit if they made a 5ish cube (75-82cc) new saw that was simple, affordable, smooth, torquey & and slightly better designed than the 590. But essentially do what they've done with the 590/620 but scale it up too 5cubes. I think given the model life would be 10+ years, they would have to add an AT system to keep the saw illegible to be sold in the US as far as EPA regs. I'd buy this saw if they sold it & it wasn't too ridiculously big and heavy.

I just dont see it walking away from a 590. Cut faster sure but not enough to say it would put a beating on it. If I was him I'd just pick up the 372 and call it done.

I just dont see it walking away from a 590. Cut faster sure but not enough to say it would put a beating on it. If I was him I'd just pick up the 372 and call it done.
I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I ran my 620 next to a new 590 and it ran like it was a much bigger saw. Both wearing 24 inch bars. They may cut closer with a smaller bar though. Ymmv.

I initially went to purchase a 590 but after handling them both the the metal handle and covers alone were worth the extra $200.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I have a 590 and love it for what I do......I use it for personal firewood cutting and it's awesome.....I was at BuckingStock this year and the 372XP was a very popular saw and all with mods. All the professionals and really everyone there said they do not run stock saws...Ported motors, muffler mods etc....The 372 is twice the price of a 590 and I'm not sure it is worth all that...I was lucky in a raffle at BuckinStock and won a new Stihl MS261...Another great 50cc saw

Will it? Really?

Absolutely will... better port timing, larger carb, unlimited coil... why wouldn’t it? I mean I’ve owned and ported both and work at an Echo dealer but yes, a 620 is worth every penny over a 590... give it a few tanks and you’ll be in love.

Echo has priced themselves right out of the pro 60cc market in western Canada.

The 590 is competitive against farm saw pricing.

The 620 is not enough dollars below Husky and Stihl for anyone to take it seriously.

PS, the vast majority of professionals DO run nothing but stock saws.

Maybe I've been running my ported 590 to long and just dont remember how it ran stock. Been near 4 years since I ran a stock 590.
Still think a good used 70-80cc saw is the OPs best option if hes just bucking 18" logs all day. My 7910 would get the nod over the ported 590 in that situation.
@BGE541 do you have any info on the new 70cc echo that's coming out?

Maybe I've been running my ported 590 to long and just dont remember how it ran stock. Been near 4 years since I ran a stock 590.
Still think a good used 70-80cc saw is the OPs best option if hes just bucking 18" logs all day. My 7910 would get the nod over the ported 590 in that situation.
@BGE541 do you have any info on the new 70cc echo that's coming out?

I’ll reach out this week to the Echo rep. You better believe I’ll be the first one to grab one... I got a 590 from the scrap pile and ported it an am quiet happy esp with a 20” bar.

Around me Husky has a bad rep so the dealers are dropping them, I couldn't get a new one around here even if I wanted. I love their saws but I rely on being able to source parts locally when in a pinch.

I've looked at Stihl, and I just don't see it being worth the money over the Echo's - another $500. I would like something bigger and more capable than the rancher, I wasn't heating with wood when I bought it.

I think the real answer is continue with the Rancher for this year and double down on the bigger Echo next year, move towards a pro saw and away from the HD level saws. The local dealer has the 680 on for $899 right now, it's just a bit spicey when stacked up on other projects I have on the go right now. I'llc checkout the 620 while I'm at it.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I had a 455 Rancher and still have an Echo 600. Yes you could feel slight power advantage of the Echo (both 20" bars). However, I still liked the 455 Rancher better for a few reasons. The a/v felt smoother, it started easier, and it "handled" better. I don't think the Echo 590/600 is that much of an upgrade over a Rancher but I agree it is a LOT of saw for the money. I run a 562xp now for main firewood saw and ain't lookin back!
My vote goes for 562 or 372, 40 cords is a lot of wood man, get a real good saw.

I’ll reach out this week to the Echo rep. You better believe I’ll be the first one to grab one... I got a 590 from the scrap pile and ported it an am quiet happy esp with a 20” bar.
Ya, that’d be sweet!

So far I’m liking the CS 620, the $370 price hike over the 590 seems like a lot but the handle, clutch, and power differences seem worth it. I’ll have to start trolling eBay and pawn shops for a 590 after reading about some of your adventures BGE541!

Back