Jonsered 2094 vs Jonsered 910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93Dakman!

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 910 and 2094 that I need to deal with. I need a December project.

What I would like to do repair one back to stock and good running condition and sell it, then build the other. I havent ported a saw or done a muffler mod in a few years, and I would like to tackle a winter project.

Which saw would YOU sell, and which would you build? I have my go-to saws to use in the woods, so this will not be an every weekend saw. I just want to port it to Gordon Jennings specs, really open the muffler up and see how it compares to my pals big bore 395 and ported 660.

Yep for performance and parts availability I would build the 2094. A 910 is a very strong and rather fast old school torque monster and will likely keep up with a 2094 in bigger wood but is not an easy saw to port as the transfers are pretty small for such a large saw motor.....some gains can be had but the 2094 has a more modern transfer system. And again the parts situation is more important......the 2094 is closer in time to current somewhat than the 910E/EV which all parts are NLA unless you can find an old deal with a stash or ebay......Don't get me wrong the 910 is a great saw but you're dealing with an antique so to speak....

I have a 910 and 2094 that I need to deal with. I need a December project.

What I would like to do repair one back to stock and good running condition and sell it, then build the other. I havent ported a saw or done a muffler mod in a few years, and I would like to tackle a winter project.

Which saw would YOU sell, and which would you build? I have my go-to saws to use in the woods, so this will not be an every weekend saw. I just want to port it to Gordon Jennings specs, really open the muffler up and see how it compares to my pals big bore 395 and ported 660.

Both saws are in the collectors realm as parts are getting harder to source. The 910 is very difficult to find certain parts and can be expensive to repair, the 2094s are not to far behind.

Sell both and get a 660 or 395 to fix up, these two saws are common, lots of new and used OEM parts available, and huge amount of aftermarket parts. Good original condition 910s and 2094s are getting very hard to find. If you modify the muffler and port the cylinder of them then any collector value is gone.

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I am going to heed your advice and bring the 910 back up to a stock, near restored condition. It is a nice looking saw with no damage, (other than the decals are cracked and missing). I had not really considered the antique factor in this equation. The 910 only needs rings, carb kit decals and new hoses, and it will be ready to put in a glass case. I would hate to ruin the value of something like that.

The 2094 however, it's a mess, and a great canvas to start with. The clutch bearing is trashed, all the rubber is hardened amd the hoses are cracked, the clutch cover is missing and the cylinder has 1/3 of the fins broke off.

I have had a load of ported, big bore and muffler nodded saws over the last 15 years. 066, 390, 394 and 395's. I'm not looking to get another just for the ease of building a high power, easy to aquire saw. I'm just looking for a project. I think you all are on the right track, I'll Frankenstein this 2094.

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I am going to heed your advice and bring the 910 back up to a stock, near restored condition. It is a nice looking saw with no damage, (other than the decals are cracked and missing). I had not really considered the antique factor in this equation. The 910 only needs rings, carb kit decals and new hoses, and it will be ready to put in a glass case. I would hate to ruin the value of something like that.

The 2094 however, it's a mess, and a great canvas to start with. The clutch bearing is trashed, all the rubber is hardened amd the hoses are cracked, the clutch cover is missing and the cylinder has 1/3 of the fins broke off.

I have had a load of ported, big bore and muffler nodded saws over the last 15 years. 066, 390, 394 and 395's. I'm not looking to get another just for the ease of building a high power, easy to aquire saw. I'm just looking for a project. I think you all are on the right track, I'll Frankenstein this 2094.
Might better sell the 2094 as a parts saw then. Most parts are scarce, unless someone on here will give up some spares

Back