Mculloch Pro Mac 6 Fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Boy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site, but I've been a long time lurker. Like most on here I enjoy finding old saws and repairing them. I just picked up a Mculloch Pro Mac 6 in decent shape for $20, it has good compression, good bar and chain, but of course the special bulb type fuel fitting leaks like a sieve. I attempted to do the common fix I learned from this site and push an 1/8 inch brass tube into the fuel line bulb to help enlarge the bulb and seal the fitting, but the rubber was so old and brittle it just fell apart in my hands. I know those fuel lines are extremely difficult to find, but I saw from older posts that some are still around from different members on here. Any ideas where to find one, I hate to throw a good saw away for a simple rubber part! The actual part number for the fuel line is 67851, the fuel felt or filter is 67852. I'm really just looking for 67851.

As this is my first post, my collection currently includes a Mculloch PM610, Mculloch Pro Mac 6, Poulan Super 25, Poulan Micro 25, and a Homelite 240.

Hi, i think i saw an old thread on here where someone was able to fix one of these saws with the same problem using a fuel line assembly from a later model Mini Mac saw, which uses a plastic "bulb" with an O-Ring to seal into the tank, which is much more reliable.

If i were you though, I'd do a little research before spending $15-20 on one or those newer fuel lines.

Good luck!

I saw that thread as well, and I started getting excited. But he was working on a Mini Mac 6, not a Power Mac 6. The mini mac 6 looks like an older version of a Mac 35 or Mac 110, I'm very familiar with those fuel line setups, it's totally different than the old Power Mac unfortunately. It looks like I'll just have to keep an eye out for something on ebay or get lucky enough to find one form a member here. Thanks for the tip though!

I saw that thread as well, and I started getting excited. But he was working on a Mini Mac 6, not a Power Mac 6. The mini mac 6 looks like an older version of a Mac 35 or Mac 110, I'm very familiar with those fuel line setups, it's totally different than the old Power Mac unfortunately. It looks like I'll just have to keep an eye out for something on ebay or get lucky enough to find one form a member here. Thanks for the tip though!
ok sorry, i thought they were similar, good luck!

If you see this Mark I have a question about where to locate the filter on a 10-10?

I have one in excellent condition and still has the original fuel line and filter. Does the filter lay sideways in the first depression at the bottom of the tank or should it be in the deeper area more toward the front and right side of the tank? The line is long enough so the filter will locate in either area.....thanks.....Cliff

The fuel line is flexible and should always naturally find the lowest spot in the tank. In general, I lay the line in the tank with the filter as far forward and towards the bar side of the tank assuming it will flop around from there as needed.

Mark Heimann

On the 10-10 is the is a depression in the tank more towards the center and closer to where the line comes down. As delivered to me and it had never been molested the filter is tuned 90 degrees and in that depression, so same direction as the crankshaft or side to side vs fore and aft.

The line is just long enough that I can relocate the filter to the right and a little more forward in the tank. It's also slightly deeper there. The only problem is that the fuel line has been in the old location for a while and the line has enough memory its not settling well into the new spot but it's not hard or brittle and still pliable so I'm going to move it over there and let it settle in on it's own.

I'm with you I think it should be at the bottom as deep and to the right as possible.......tks.....Cliff

Latest posts

Back