Got a question about saw troll.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Is saw troll still on here or what happened i never see his post on here..ive been lurking on here since around 2012 but just now getting back active...anyone care to bring me up to date?

Troll, et al. (and HarleyT) might like this discovery that I just made. My Husky 353 was rather suddenly having trouble with starting and bogging down in the cut. I decided it must have been a clogged fuel filter, so I changed it. That solved the problem. Engine ran fine again with the new fuel filter.

After the used "clogged" filter dried out I checked it with compressed air. It seemed OK, both easy air flow in and easy out, as if nothing was clogged. The air flow through it was the same as other brand new, unused filters. So, my question is, can any fuel filter be checked in advance by using air flow? Seems like that failed in this case.

Troll, et al. (and HarleyT) might like this discovery that I just made. My Husky 353 was rather suddenly having trouble with starting and bogging down in the cut. I decided it must have been a clogged fuel filter, so I changed it. That solved the problem. Engine ran fine again with the new fuel filter.

After the used "clogged" filter dried out I checked it with compressed air. It seemed OK, both easy air flow in and easy out, as if nothing was clogged. The air flow through it was the same as other brand new, unused filters. So, my question is, can any fuel filter be checked in advance by using air flow? Seems like that failed in this case.

I would guess that it was something other than a clogged filter, my guess is that it was hanging out at the top of the tank.

Is saw troll still on here or what happened...?

He just got tired of being right all the time. LOL

His best quote ever, IMHO....

"It doesn't matter what you or I consider a lousy saw, as just about everyone will have their own perception anyway - a discussion would be pointless...."

( His 38,216th post before finally coming to that conclusion. - 1/11/12 )

This guy lives up north, means he's a viking - not a god ;)
Doesn't mean we are gods down south, just not vikings :cold:

When my kids were small I’d tell them they had the blood of samurai and Vikings in them. When my older daughter was about 5 she asked me if the Vikings fought the “bad guys”. I told her, I’m pretty sure we were the “bad guys”.

I would guess that it was something other than a clogged filter, my guess is that it was hanging out at the top of the tank.

I have never checked an already changed out fuel filter for flow of any sort (that I can remember), so I can't comment much on this.

However, I would think that a fuel line that is restricting the movement of the filter would be discovered during the filter swap?

I have never checked an already changed out fuel filter for flow of any sort (that I can remember), so I can't comment much on this.

However, I would think that a fuel line that is restricting the movement of the filter would be discovered during the filter swap?

True. But if full of fuel it could get over looked by it being on its side when you swap em out.

Back