Adding heat switch to MS440?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK_XJ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a Stihl MS440 and noticed that it has a spot along the right hand side of the case for (what appears to be) inserting a switch for heated handles. Do all of these models come standard with this setup and the Arctic models are just the ones that have the switch installed or is this a feature I can somehow take advantage of?

Meaning, if it's already wired for heat and I just need to tap into the line that may be something I'd like to do...here's an image for context:

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_130155.jpg
    IMG_20200115_130155.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Thanks for both responses - I looked at a few other MS440 pics online and seem to see that spot on each example. Must just be a factory thing sort of like the blank flip switch spots Toyota (and probably others) put in their trucks and SUVs for future lights and such.

Oh well!

Very expensive to convert a regular saw into an Arctic. You need a lot more than the switch. Better off selling it and buying a heated saw if that's what you're after.

Very expensive to convert a regular saw into an Arctic. You need a lot more than the switch. Better off selling it and buying a heated saw if that's what you're after.
Thanks, no I'm not concerned with the Arctic features particularly - this 440 is in excellent condition, I was mostly just curious.

I have good gloves and a spare pair for cutting...

Latest posts

Back