flywheel question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hander

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i think i found the problem with why the 08s im rebuilding would not rev.. im not sure

it idled perfect and reved good but as revs picked up it would just layover and quit, restart and attempt again gave same results .. i also found a huge clot of sediment inside the fuel pickup filter , im pretty sure the sediment clot would have caused it..but im not sure about the lower description

either the flywheel hub is bent or the crankshaft is bent, waiting for a new case half to verify...
but i noticed on the inside of the flywheel and the coil legs that the f;ywheel was hitting the coil legs..
would this contact cause loss of spark..

crank bearings feel great , i know it would take alot to bend a crank..but the hub on the flywheel seems like it you drop the saw without the cover it would bend

the right half looked to have been silver soldered and was a mess..the rear hole that holds the back of the oil tank housing screw was completely
stripped out and just about gone, huge blob ..it was a real mess so i decided to get another but could only find a set so i bought the set...and it was the only set i could
find that was pre chain brake...used not new , but im thinking the saw was dropped, it would take a serious wack to bend either a crank or flywheel

Back