Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Setting here watching the creek rise. At 5:30 it was at the top of its banks. Now its way out in the field. Flood watches out all around here with several more inches predicted. My firewood is under water as are most of my tractor attachments. Water half way up on the wheels of my trailers. My boat has gas in it if things get really bad, but it would have to rise another 10ft or so before I might need it. Not in any danger myself, but I bet those folks building their new house down on the river are having a awww schiff moment about now.

Iv been a welder all my life. Only jobs iv had since high school. Iv always like using a cutoff wheel. For smaller things it is very fast.

But when you get into big stuff a bandsaw is hard to beat.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Band saw will be my next purchase

Setting here watching the creek rise. At 5:30 it was at the top of its banks. Now its way out in the field. Flood watches out all around here with several more inches predicted. My firewood is under water as are most of my tractor attachments. Water half way up on the wheels of my trailers. My boat has gas in it if things get really bad, but it would have to rise another 10ft or so before I might need it. Not in any danger myself, but I bet those folks building their new house down on the river are having a awww schiff moment about now.
Everything sloppy here too. If it wasnt so cold I would suit up and play in the slop on the tdub

Well, I found a 241 from the same fella that has a new 261CMv2. Prices are very fair.

But, I can get the 261 PHO for less than the 241 with a B/C. Is the 241 really that good?
For your wife I think it is that good, besides a 261 can be bought any day of the week.
I scrounged up another 372 oe last weekend, I'll probably list my brand new 572. Yes in stock form the 572 will out cut it and it has various other creature comforts, but you can't get them as easily in great condition these days and I can buy a new 572 anytime I want. The 372 also has heat :havingarest: :happybanana:.
If for any reason you want to sell the 241 you will be able to easily with very little loss if any depending on what you pay for it.
I see very few guys asking for a 261cm2(except you lol), and quite a few asking for the 241's.
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.00.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.02.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 11.03.36 PM.png
She's running pretty fat at 13k and the chin is the one I got on it, it's sharp, but not optimal for the saw/wood combo :baba:.

Would be cool to have, just to play around with and see what you could resurrect.
I think @Philbert needs one, then he could do a bar challenge, I hear he has lots of room in the garage where he could set one up :D.
It would be a nice item to have, I don't see me making any money with it, but it's something that doesn't loose any value and they have actually gone up in value if anything for a used one.

Biggest thing I notice is how smooth square is in the cut. My angles are just touching the tie straps on the other side and getting more consistent. But still need to practice alot more.
The saw sounds awesome, and the chain makes up for the AV on there or lack of AV :surprised3:.
The chain is perfectly tuned to the wood/saw :rock:.

I think @Philbert needs one, then he could do a bar challenge, I hear he has lots of room in the garage where he could set one up.
I have wanted one ever since I first saw one at a GTG at tree monkey's shop several years back!

I don't have the room for one, and really could not justify one if I did. Would be different if I had a business.

Might be fun to get one down to @heimannm 's museum, along with some of the classic Silvey grinders.

I do appreciate the posts where guys perform a lot of the Bar Shop functions, using table saws, drill presses, home made fixtures, etc.

Philbert

Not to much moving around here . I'm watching the ice build20200206_113102.jpg 20200206_113145.jpg 20200206_113200.jpg up on everything

I have wanted one ever since I first saw one at a GTG at tree monkey's shop several years back!

I don't have the room for one, and really could not justify one if I did. Would be different if I had a business.

Might be fun to get one down to @heimannm 's museum, along with some of the classic Silvey grinders.

I do appreciate the posts where guys perform a lot of the Bar Shop functions, using table saws, drill presses, home made fixtures, etc.

Philbert
I figured you'd like one too :).
A buddy of mine up here had one, I'm not sure if he still does or not, if I could get it into the basement I would have been more interested, that or if I had my barn built :yes:.
Yep, they'll need a raker grinder too :happy:.

It is cool to see how guys work around not having one, much of the work it would not be needed, but having one tool that can do it all is pretty cool.
For those who don't know here's a nice video showing some of the features, there are also things that can be done on it for custom bars such as race bars.

Well, I found a 241 from the same fella that has a new 261CMv2. Prices are very fair.

But, I can get the 261 PHO for less than the 241 with a B/C. Is the 241 really that good?
I think the 241 is really good. I cut a lot of wood with mine using all 16" of the bar. The 261 just gets it done a bit quicker. I think if you get the 261 you'll find you won't use your 361 as much.

Yes it does but would rather the seat get iced up than all the switches under the seat.
I guess, is there more than one? Ice will break off pretty nice, bummer she has to sit outside.
Been considering selling mine, then buying a new one on credit and using the cash to build a good portion of my pole barn. Considering options, I'd like to get building since the economy is showing no slow down. Maybe if we have a change after the election, I could wait until then, but I'm starting to feel this yr is the time to start it.

It was 62 here on Monday. I made a rookie mistake when I was mig welding the arch. I took off my long sleeve shirt now my left arm is mig burnt . Not to bad just a light red.
Better than getting a visit from the sand man at 3 in the morning :eek:.

Back