Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured you'd like one too :).
A buddy of mine up here had one, I'm not sure if he still does or not, if I could get it into the basement I would have been more interested, that or if I had my barn built :yes:.
Yep, they'll need a raker grinder too.
And the bar straightening press.

And know how to weld!

Philbert

What's the price difference between the two saws? If bugger all in the long run it's irrelevant against increasing the risks of no matrimonial participation.
Different bar mounts and chains isn't an issue really, because why run a 20" on the 261 when have both a 361 and I can't recall, was it a 461?

One way to settle this for good is to ask the Mrs to decide by testing both saws. At the same time you'll be able to surprise yourself how capable the 241 is for a small size. If the Mrs likes the 261 then done deal.

Better than getting a visit from the sand man at 3 in the morning :eek:.
Dad used to take me to work in the weekends and of course when told never to look while he was welding, that's the first thing i did. But only once. IIRC the pain in my rrrrs was just subsiding when the eye pain kicked in. It was little comfort that dad got his rrrs kicked when he got home too.

Dad used to take me to work in the weekends and of course when told never to look while he was welding, that's the first thing i did. But only once. IIRC the pain in my rrrrs was just subsiding when the eye pain kicked in. It was little comfort that dad got his rrrs kicked when he got home too.
Bummer, been there :cool:.
Always wear the auto darkening welding helmet .
I was using a buddies last month welding the exhaust on our accord, what a piece of junk, I should buy him a new one for next summer. He doesn't work in his shop thru winter because it's too cold for him, gives me some time to find a deal for him :).

I saw those down in VA a couple weeks ago. Do they not lose leaves in the winter?

No the deer eat them all winter I have burlap about 5 ft high on them. They are taller than the eve of the house. The leaves kinda wilt in extreme cold but never loose the leaves. But in spring when in bloom all you hear is the hum of honey bees and hummingbirds

Also, 261 bars and chains will interchange with your other saws, the 261 is different.
Pretty sure you meant 241 is different.
Thats one of the things that makes it perform well as a smaller saw, the smaller bar and picco chain, are less weight. The bar makes the weight of the saw with the cutting equipment much lighter, and the chain helps it to cut quicker than a similar up saw with a 325 chain so that helps a lot for cut times. The picco also is very smooth cutting and the bar/chain combo is safer for a new cutter since it has a smaller tip and it will have less potential for kickback.
I've done a lot of thinking about these things since I will be allowing my boy to cut more and more in the next few yrs. I know his mom's side of the family has had plenty of back issues so I have waited longer than I was going to so he could develop more, besides if he starts cutting I will get moved to helper lol.
Any one that I don't own!
So there's another vote for the 241 :laugh:.

Back