Bad Day II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well anyone around here just have a bad couple of weeks? When it seems as though you can't get anythig to go your way. You feel as though you're slowing down in the tree and you know you can do better. Can this be a result of taking too much on? So there for you end up paying for it by going backwards at work? Any words of encouragement? Thanks,BB

I have definately been feeling the way you are feeling. All I can say is, it gets better after a while. :rolleyes:

That is when i have ahd most of my stupid attacks, doing big storm work or soemthing and putting in too many hours and then after 5-6 days I may try to block out the spar I'm tied into:eek:. Well that was a one time thing, my first +5k week. Too bad I was working for someone else.

I know where you're comin' from Froggy. The same thing seems to happen to me when I am exhausted. If you feel like you're slowing down it is probably your body telling you to take it easy. Exhaustion manifests itself in many ways, both physically and mentally and although I don't know the stats I would guess that most work related accidents happen when the mind/body is spent and ready to shut down for awhile. I've always been a believer in periodic breaks, but sometimes a few minutes just aint enough to recuperate.

Maintain your good habits; conscientiously perpetuate them for these daze. Including double glance check everything.

That includes safety as well as everything else; if you've maintained good safety habits, including double chcking connections etc.

Keep your head down, your concentration up and pierce through, come out somehow better, more fully knowing from the fight, pass the test.

Or something like that.
:alien:

:) If you feel things cant get any worse then they must only can get better, if they dont......then take a few days off, I do and it works for me i think...... Jock

Take a long weekend up in the Smokies, eat regularly and drink lotsa water.

That is one thing to look at if feeling fatigued and not sure why. I read reciently of a study that showed that as little as 2% dehydration (we're 98% water so in a 200# person that is like a 4# water loss, or around a half gallon.) can "cause significant cognitive loss".

So drinking more water in the warmer temps may help.

Latest posts

Back