036 pro air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoke1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently acquired an 036 pro and it needs a new oem air filter. Does anyone know what model number filter I need? I’ve searched, but I’m not coming up with much information.

Screenshot_2020-02-04-21-10-56.png
I recently acquired an 036 pro and it needs a new oem air filter. Does anyone know what model number filter I need? I’ve searched, but I’m not coming up with much information.

This explains the old vs then new filter assy, that has the compensator carb

Attachments

• 036 air filter upgrade.pdf
    228.4 KB · Views: 10
That filter is considered a winter filter. It does not filter as well as the flocked/fleece filters. I had to go over this with my local Stihl dealer and he argued with me and said that is a normal filter for an 036. He ended up calling Stihl and they explained to him that it is a winter filter. I don't really understand why they make it, it's supposed to be for ice buildup on filters but the 036 has the winter/summer shutter so air can be pulled across the fin to pre-heat it.

That filter is considered a winter filter. It does not filter as well as the flocked/fleece filters. I had to go over this with my local Stihl dealer and he argued with me and said that is a normal filter for an 036. He ended up calling Stihl and they explained to him that it is a winter filter. I don't really understand why they make it, it's supposed to be for ice buildup on filters but the 036 has the winter/summer shutter so air can be pulled across the fin to pre-heat it.

I had a stihl dealer say he had ripping chain in stock. I asked to see a loop. It was standard crosscut ripping chain ~ 30 o cutter angle, I pointed it out to him.........

Back