050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well half a day at the Stihl shop and they were still (yes it was tempting) at a loss for why the chain brake wasn't working.
The chain would either run and trigger the chain brake, but not stop the chain or the chain wouldn't run at all regardless of the chain brake being activated or not.
So I took it home and spent a lovely rainy day afternoon pulling my dust cover and chainbrake apart and putting it back together over and over again! And this is what I have come up with.
The new "sagenzi" after market dust cover has slightly different (smaller) dimensions than the original Stihl dust cover. Without the brakeband installed the chainsaw works no problem (the guys at my Stihl shop did an amazing job of giving it a birthday not to mention the hours of trying to figure out the issue before I rocked up and didn't charge me for any of the labor)
With the brake band installed the chain will not go around regardless of how many revs you give it. I'm guessing the die grinder will be coming out in the morning.

IMG_0095.JPG
You can see that the band is not able to sit in the correct grove. It's just not deep enough to fit both sections of band in.
IMG_0097.JPG
I applied permanent marker to the band to determine where the clutch was rubbing (when the chain brake was off) you can see on the bottom section of the band that the marker has almost been cleaned off. The very bottom section marked in dense black was to make sure the clutch was not rubbing on the housing(dust cover).
Well hopefully with a little assistance with a die grinder I will have my chainsaw chain brake up and working again tomorrow afternoon.
Regards DL

Everything gets baked on powder coating. It's laborious and tedious but I'm getting better at it. Just like painting a car the prep is all the work and coating is the fun easy part!

Yes. The jug looked salvageable but would not slide off. I didn't want to force it so I had to break off the rest of the skirt and get the floaters to fall out of the ports. Finally it slipped off nice. No gouges in the jug. It's getting harder to find 1111 series stuff for me. I may need to take up bowling or something, lol!

IMG_3263.JPG

What parts do you need?

Yes. The jug looked salvageable but would not slide off. I didn't want to force it so I had to break off the rest of the skirt and get the floaters to fall out of the ports. Finally it slipped off nice. No gouges in the jug. It's getting harder to find 1111 series stuff for me. I may need to take up bowling or something, lol!

I've only dreamt about buildables in that quantity!!! The hard things to find now are the oil pistons, manual oil pumps, thrusters, good mufflers, good cases, new style tanks in good condition, good clutches, just the whole damn truckload!!! Lol, good stuff!!!

I've put together a few "kits" for future builds but I have a lot of stuff left over. Manual oil pumps, decent cases (halves) and carb plates I have along with lots of smalls. Most of the tanks are old style, no good clutches, and any oil pumps I have would need to be removed from the cases and checked. If you need something specific I can look to see if I have it.

You are very kind sir. I really appreciate the offer and if I get in a squeeze I might hit you up. I've got what I need for now and your excess parts can know doubt help feed your family. Cheers!! B

Back