1/2 cord by volume

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned in a previous post http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=143634
I have come across a decent amount of wood.As mentioned it will be hard to stack in any kind of order.I was wondering if I used pallets and built square boxes out of them what would the volume of wood be.A pallet is approx 4 ft ,so 4 x4x4 should be equal to 1/2 cord.
Right or wrong.any input is welcome.
The reason for all the works is basically neatness.Whether stacked in rows or in boxes it makes the wood pile area easier to mow.clean and keep covered.

As mentioned in a previous post http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=143634
I have come across a decent amount of wood.As mentioned it will be hard to stack in any kind of order.I was wondering if I used pallets and built square boxes out of them what would the volume of wood be.A pallet is approx 4 ft ,so 4 x4x4 should be equal to 1/2 cord.
Right or wrong.any input is welcome.
The reason for all the works is basically neatness.Whether stacked in rows or in boxes it makes the wood pile area easier to mow.clean and keep covered.

Stacked in neatly it will approach, but not reach, 1/2 cord. Your wood will not 'tightly fill' the box, there will be extra space around the ends. Perhaps rounded up on top would equal 1/2 cord.

Harry K

4ft by 4ft by 4ft would equal 1/2 a cord stacked tightly within the box, loosely piled substantially less. It is a good idea and I don't see that it really matters if it is for your own use. If you have a pallet fork setup for the 3pt on that Kubota moving wood could get very easy. I end up with my share of shorts myself which usually end up piled on top of my rows also making them hard to cover. So building a few dedicated boxes from free pallets has merit. Then I could use my bucket forks to carry the box to the house when ready to burn.

Latest posts

Back