ArboristSite.com Sponsors

10-10 pro gas tank not sealing

Discussion in 'Homeowner Helper Forum' started by Nickh0902, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Nickh0902

Nickh0902 New Member

Hi guys. I have a newly acquired mcculloch pro Mac 10-10. I took it apart to do some cleaning and maintenance. In the process I removed the gas tank and now I can't get it to seal back up. I tried the first time with the original cork gasket and it wouldn't seal. I figured that gasket was probably shot. I ordered a new rubber gasket and it still leaks. From what I can tell the screw in the middle of the tank applies all the pressure to the tank area and the two near the carb/handle don't do much as far as sealing. Is there some truck to making this seal up. Also is there a part number for the gasket that goes around the carb housing? When I took mine apart the previous person had used rtv to fill the gap around the upper and lower carb housing. Any help would be appreciated.

2. speeco

speeco ArboristSite Member

I have had good luck uesing seal all . Sealant. Gaskets are hard to find. And will dry out and leak if left set with no gas in tank , for awhile. Just my 2 cents worth.

3. Nickh0902

Nickh0902 New Member

I have the brand new proline rubber gasket for it. Just wasn't sure if there was some trick or procedure to putting the tank on to make it seal.

4. Nickh0902

Nickh0902 New Member

I will just use permatex I guess. Really want to get this thing out back together. It's a little frustrating that I can buy a new supposedly improved gasket for this think and it doesn't seal at all.