10-10 pro gas tank not sealing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickh0902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a newly acquired mcculloch pro Mac 10-10. I took it apart to do some cleaning and maintenance. In the process I removed the gas tank and now I can't get it to seal back up. I tried the first time with the original cork gasket and it wouldn't seal. I figured that gasket was probably shot. I ordered a new rubber gasket and it still leaks. From what I can tell the screw in the middle of the tank applies all the pressure to the tank area and the two near the carb/handle don't do much as far as sealing. Is there some truck to making this seal up. Also is there a part number for the gasket that goes around the carb housing? When I took mine apart the previous person had used rtv to fill the gap around the upper and lower carb housing. Any help would be appreciated.

I have had good luck uesing seal all . Sealant. Gaskets are hard to find. And will dry out and leak if left set with no gas in tank , for awhile. Just my 2 cents worth.

I have the brand new proline rubber gasket for it. Just wasn't sure if there was some trick or procedure to putting the tank on to make it seal.

I will just use permatex I guess. Really want to get this thing out back together. It's a little frustrating that I can buy a new supposedly improved gasket for this think and it doesn't seal at all.

Back