'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600 and 590 are limited..... my ported 590 bangs off the limiter .....I don't have a tach

my 590 howls though i have not used it in a while since all the fire wooding is done.

fuel economy is thrown out the window with a coil swap and muffler mod.not as bad as the ole biggin poulan
that sum buck is gulp gulp gulp barely 18 cuts per tank.

like to get my hands on a echo cs 670 they got some torque but not much speed.
a guy on YT is using one with a 32'' hardnose in oak seems to be cutting real good for 66cc.

Whats the 620 limited at reed ?

Hello, its unlimited and with 20" bar seems to 4 stroke at 13,920 rpm but looking at the plug and with a few more tanks I am thinking I can break 14K. :)

I went from 30-35 min run time stock to 20-25 minutes after the mods. It was totally worth the loss in fuel economy for the gain in power. :chainsaw:

Awesome :) I can limb for just shy of an hour, but limbing with this saw doesn't do justice!!!

like to get my hands on a echo cs 670 they got some torque but not much speed.
a guy on YT is using one with a 32'' hardnose in oak seems to be cutting real good for 66cc.

"Not much speed"? I've never felt that way about my 670. Don't own a tach but it's a cutting SOB. Echo specs WOT @12500-14000 rpm. Back in the winter I also did some comparison on weight and it was surprising (post #6), with the PHO being less than 1 lb. heavier than the 620p:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/wife-has-good-taste-echo-cs-620p.269082/

Awesome :) I can limb for just shy of an hour, but limbing with this saw doesn't do justice!!!
I have always considered the Echoes fuel economy to be excellent, even when ported. Side by side with my 562xp, the 600p puts far more wood on the ground without having to find the gas can. The Echo does have a larger tank, however, which will account for its being slightly heavier than the 562. I also know that the 600p will happily pull a 30" bar all day, and oil it as well, but the 562 does not have the low end grunt to pull it well, let alone oil it.

Here is a video of a cs670 I did a while back. These saws have a full skirted, window ported piston with a dome. I fitted a slab-sided 268 piston and opened the ports a bit. The biggest holdup on getting any more out of this saw, is the tiny carb and intake tract.

What would be really cool is if Mastermind could convince the owner of that 600p to give us feedback of how the saw has held up over the last 3 years. The Echo haters had to admit that saw was impressive but questioned whether it could hold up over time. I'm betting it is still running strong.

Also, Mastermind said then (2012) that the 600p had more potential/gain from modding than any other 60cc saw on the market. It would be interesting to know what he thinks of the 620p. Did Echo take some of the performance that was left on the table with the 600p and put it into the 620p? Will the modding potential of the 620p be less?
He did my cs600 right after that one and mine has held up fine. I run a 24 or 28 inch bar on it.

He did my cs600 right after that one and mine has held up fine. I run a 24 or 28 inch bar on it.

I just bought a 600p. Can you give us a quick "Likes" and "Dislikes" now that you have over 3 years running the saw. Maybe a before and after "Mastermind" as well?

I just bought a 600p. Can you give us a quick "Likes" and "Dislikes" now that you have over 3 years running the saw. Maybe a before and after "Mastermind" as well?
After having a saw ported by someone like Randy, you will never say " wish I hadn't done that." Ported saws are addictive, fun to run.

i recently ran a 620 and they really are a nice saw. don't feel heavy to me but i'm used to packing around a 385 all day and after shake blocking with a 395 all saws feel light LOL. if i had to guess by the feel i'd say it feels like a 372's weight. that said, hell would freeze over before i gave up a 372 for one or even a 562 for that matter. it appears echo are making a come back with shops around here actually having demo saws even. if echo came up with a 80-90cc saw that was the weight of a 390 husky at a better price i would likely give them another chance.

i recently ran a 620 and they really are a nice saw. don't feel heavy to me but i'm used to packing around a 385 all day and after shake blocking with a 395 all saws feel light LOL. if i had to guess by the feel i'd say it feels like a 372's weight. that said, hell would freeze over before i gave up a 372 for one or even a 562 for that matter. it appears echo are making a come back with shops around here actually having demo saws even. if echo came up with a 80-90cc saw that was the weight of a 390 husky at a better price i would likely give them another chance.

This just tells me you haven't ran a 620 vs 562 with a long bar :) Did it have a wrap or no?

This just tells me you haven't ran a 620 vs 562 with a long bar :) Did it have a wrap or no?

nope, it was just a non full wrap model. demo saw at a dealer. i only used it in their supplies log as well. i have no use for a 60cc saw with anything longer then a 20". if i ain't running a 20" i usually skip everything else and jump to a 33". i can fall some pretty massive wood for using a 60cc with a 20" bar. can easily go over double that in DBH. it's actually a hobby of mine. pick the biggest tree i can find in the second growth and fall it with the 562 with the 20". i ran a 24" on my 562 a few times and i do agree. at that point i'd rather have it on a 372. then the 372 being the same weight as the 620. there's just so many wonderful options with saws. :)

Latest posts

Back