'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 620pw impressed me and I am a Husky guy I would love to put a degree wheel on one of these saw's then maybe some grinding I believe they are tough out of the box but would love to see if their is room to be stouter.

The 620pw impressed me and I am a Husky guy I would love to put a degree wheel on one of these saw's then maybe some grinding I believe they are tough out of the box but would love to see if their is room to be stouter.

There is a thread "Mastermind meets the Echo 600". Good read. He says that saw has more potential than any 60cc saw he has ever done. 600 is basically same saw as the 620. Sure quietened the Echo bashers.

What would be really cool is if Mastermind could convince the owner of that 600p to give us feedback of how the saw has held up over the last 3 years. The Echo haters had to admit that saw was impressive but questioned whether it could hold up over time. I'm betting it is still running strong.

Also, Mastermind said then (2012) that the 600p had more potential/gain from modding than any other 60cc saw on the market. It would be interesting to know what he thinks of the 620p. Did Echo take some of the performance that was left on the table with the 600p and put it into the 620p? Will the modding potential of the 620p be less?

What would be really cool is if Mastermind could convince the owner of that 600p to give us feedback of how the saw has held up over the last 3 years. The Echo haters had to admit that saw was impressive but questioned whether it could hold up over time. I'm betting it is still running strong.

Also, Mastermind said then (2012) that the 600p had more potential/gain from modding than any other 60cc saw on the market. It would be interesting to know what he thinks of the 620p. Did Echo take some of the performance that was left on the table with the 600p and put it into the 620p? Will the modding potential of the 620p be less?

This^^^ is why I want to leave the 620PW alone... They run so well I don't think they are worth the money for the gain the way they run out of the box. Yes the 600 is SIMILAR to the 620 but there is a difference between the two in the way they run, no doubt, but a ported 600 may be worth it... :) We will see.

This^^^ is why I want to leave the 620PW alone... They run so well I don't think they are worth the money for the gain the way they run out of the box. Yes the 600 is SIMILAR to the 620 but there is a difference between the two in the way they run, no doubt, but a ported 600 may be worth it... :) We will see.

I think you might be right on the 620p. With what I've seen you do with a 27" bar, who could argue that they aren't runners right out of the box?

Apply lightly around and do not get "in" the intake hole". Your filter shouldhave a small black interior piece that will have a light coating of very light grease and maybe dust, this grease is placed to hold onto this very fine particles and not ingest them.

20150618_103202.jpg

Here is a photo of the red lead from the TTO Tach and the wire coiled and zip tied. Sits nicely behind the plug cap and out of the way... So far so good. Just thought id get some more random photos for you Echo lovers (or lurkin' Echo haters...)

20150618_103226.jpg

We need to petition Echo to make a 75cc version of this saw with the same level of performance per CC... id buy like 3 of them. Seriously.

I was thinking the same thing. We could call it the cs750p...like to have one with a 28-30" bar (we don't often cut the really big stuff like you).

They advertise 10% more power in the 620 over the 600. I have run both these saws side by side along with my Timberwolf. I could not tell a discernable difference but all three saws were either new, new piston or new top end(piston and cylinder) so none were broke in more than 3 tanks. Reed now has the 600P in the salon for a haircut and will be very interesting to see the gains of the 600 compared to his experience with the 620. Although I will not be able catch Reed with tanks thru my saws, the 620 and 590(Timberwolf) both get stronger as they break in.

BTW, Reed is a gentleman and a fine man to deal with regarding saw trading. You get a "thumbs up" in my book:drinking:

I was thinking the same thing. We could call it the cs750p...like to have one with a 28-30" bar (we don't often cut the really big stuff like you).

I note you have the Deere 70V in your sig. I have a 702VL. Good old low speed,high torque stump saw but pretty heavy.

I note you have the Deere 70V in your sig. I have a 702VL. Good old low speed,high torque stump saw but pretty heavy.

Real good saw...built like a tank (& about as heavy). Looks and runs like new but it's a shop queen. All of my cutting is done with my 510 (20"), 620 (20"), or 670 (24"). Once in a while we get into some bigger stuff. Recently cut on an uprooted red fir that measured 42" but that's unusual for us these days. I can use my dad's 750evl with a 28" bar if I need to but that thing is really heavy. Like the Deere, it looks and runs like new (it's 35 years old). That's why when Reed mentioned Echo making a 75cc with the same power to weight ratio as the 620p...I would love to add one of those to my lineup. Been looking for a used 372xp lately to fill this need but I might just wait a while and see what Echo offers. I have a feeling that, over the next few years, we will see more saws like the 620p added to their lineup.

They advertise 10% more power in the 620 over the 600. I have run both these saws side by side along with my Timberwolf. I could not tell a discernable difference but all three saws were either new, new piston or new top end(piston and cylinder) so none were broke in more than 3 tanks. Reed now has the 600P in the salon for a haircut and will be very interesting to see the gains of the 600 compared to his experience with the 620. Although I will not be able catch Reed with tanks thru my saws, the 620 and 590(Timberwolf) both get stronger as they break in.

BTW, Reed is a gentleman and a fine man to deal with regarding saw trading. You get a "thumbs up" in my book:drinking:
Thank you for your words

Back